Who is going to Carlisle???

-

67Baccaruda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll be there mid day Thursday until Sunday morning.

Are they going to have the Kick-Off to Carlisle at CVM Dodge in Mechanicsburg? The link for this on the Carlisle website is dead???

is that the show at the dealer on thrusday evening? i thought i heard they were having it again this year. don't remember where i saw it though

Hi Joe,

I have heard the same thing. Carlisle still has it on their website http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/chrysler-nationals/index.asp
Scroll down to Kick-Off to Carlisle Free Thursday evening Mopar party.

I hope to get down there earlier on Thursday than I did last year. I didn't get my carb and gas tank back in until Wednesday morning. I rolled into Harrisburg at 23:30.

It would be nice to relax when I get there this year. I also stayed much closer this year.

Brian

i hear ya. i hate having to run like a mad man to get there and set up. i'm going up wed night this year so i can get a good nigh sleep and be ready to go first thing in the morning on thurs.

I'll be there too...I go every year. I won't be bringing any cars this year, just going to look around and hopefully find some great NOS parts for my 340 Swinger.

My son and I will be there Friday morning, and we're taking the Dart! I can't wait already!

George

I love the countdown clock on the all Chrysler home page.

Down to the second.

Haven't missed it in over 10 years, one of the highlights of my summers.

Been one time about 5 yrs ago and i must say, If i were closer i'd be there every year. You guys have a blast. Tell em you've heard from Small Block.

you guys that are going. if your bringing a car and don't have a club to put in on the registration form i'd appreciate it if you could put "mopar misfits" in where it asks for your club name.

you guys that are going. if your bringing a car and don't have a club to put in on the registration form i'd appreciate it if you could put "mopar misfits" in where it asks for your club name.
Does this deal come with "special parking"?

:D

I heard VIP parking, free food and beverages, and we get to judge the beauty contest...........

lol.. heck i don't even get vip parking. we get to park near the tent thurs and fri. but thats it. you guys are more then welcome to hang under the tent and get out of the sun for a while. :)

I will going this year, it will only be my second time. I fly into Harrisburg at 5:00 pm on thurs. I reserved a rental car and have a hotel booked. I'm going with 2 friends.

With my luck my rental will be a Toyota Echo!!

I'll watch out for anybody wearing a FABO T shirt.

With my luck my rental will be a Toyota Echo!!

lol.. you'll be fine with an echo. i bought mine new in 01 and have 170,000 trouble free miles on it. great little car. love the car.

lol.. you'll be fine with an echo. i bought mine new in 01 and have 170,000 trouble free miles on it. great little car. love the car.
Thanks Joe, I was just hoping to drive around in a MOPAR.
The lady at the rental place even new what a Mopar was. If you ever ask for a Mopar most of them have a puzzeled look on their face.

Are you guys talking about the Spring Carlisle show (coming up in April) or the All Chrysler show in July? If you're talking about the Chrysler show, all I can say is WOW must be some serious cabin fever going on. :)

I usually avoid the Spring and Fall show because they are so crowded but go to the Fords, GMs and Chrysler shows. The All Truck show is awesome, too. My hubby likes the Corvette show but it's not my fav. I love a Corvette but really can't look at the thousands of them that show up, after a few rows they all start looking the same. (Apologize to any Corvette lovers out there.)

Hope the vendors get better business this year. They were all complaining last year that the crowds were down and no one was buying anything.

Are you guys talking about the Spring Carlisle show (coming up in April) or the All Chrysler show in July? If you're talking about the Chrysler show, all I can say is WOW must be some serious cabin fever going on. :)

I usually avoid the Spring and Fall show because they are so crowded but go to the Fords, GMs and Chrysler shows. The All Truck show is awesome, too. My hubby likes the Corvette show but it's not my fav. I love a Corvette but really can't look at the thousands of them that show up, after a few rows they all start looking the same. (Apologize to any Corvette lovers out there.)

Hope the vendors get better business this year. They were all complaining last year that the crowds were down and no one was buying anything.

The All Chrysler show there Golden Girl...where are you in Virginia? I am planning on parking my 72 under the "Survivor" tent.....I'm staying in Mechanicsburg, just a few miles east of Carlisle at the Hampton Inn...Dave

dmoore,

If you get there first save me a good spot. I'll be under the tent this year also.

-
Back