Who is going to Iola Old car show?

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
I am going friday and saturday. I will have the Duster in the modified section
on the blacktop. I'll have my small For A bodies Only banner with me.
I'll do a meet and greet. How about noon each day? You can sign the banner.
We'll talk S#!t and lie.
Watch for the Duster flag above the car!

Sounds like fun!! I haven't been to that show since I was a kid, the swap meet is the coolest, they have such a variety of stuff and man is it huge!! Also remember the massive grills they cook the chicken on, try to get some pics so other can see that too. My dad went last year in his 1966 Satellite and camped in a tent in the camp ground. I miss that show, maybe next year I will see if pops will go with me. Should be a fun time!!

I'll be driving my turd there (245 miles each way). I'm looking to put it in the car corral with a ~$3,350.00 price tag.

Project11.jpg

Hopefully I'll get to meet you (again?; I'm pretty sure I saw you/your car at W.I.R. a few years back).

just found out it's a 130 mile drive for me....one way. I'm going to be wiped out Friday night. I'll just be going to the friday one and just showing up in the regular cars section since I didn't realize that you had to pre register to go to certain places, maybe next year.

I've been going for more years than I can count. I get a registration form
every year. E mailed pics of the car and they said I could have it in the
modified section for the orphan cars of the century theme.
Hope to see as many of you guys as possible. Just look for the green Duster
flag high above the car.

I get the registration form every year too. Kind of weird because even though I've been going for a long time, I've never had a car entered into the show or corral before, nor have I ever had a swap space.

A few years ago I did buy a nice rust free straight 1968 Coronet coupe with a Super Bee hood, '68 440 HP2 engine, 4-speed transmission, slotted 15" aluminum wheels, and quite a few performance goodies that made for a great as-is driver for $6,100.00.
Most ever paid for a car. Ever.

Project30.jpg

Never been, but I've heard is a great show, awesome swap meet. Maybe next year.

Well, I met Brian. Pretty cool guy, but it was pretty hot so we kept the bsing to a minimum. It sounded pretty cool pulling out of the lot. We literally left just in time, about 15-20 min later it just started pouring rain there. Also, got in a little convoy with a Skylark Convertible, who left his top down even in pouring rain on the freeway like a BAMF, all the way from where I got on 10 in Waupaca to the street I live off of in Milwaukee.

It didn't rain long that evening, just enough to keep the dust down for the night.

I didn't get a single call on the Duster, not even a low baller.
I didn't buy anything either.
Was a great 500 mile round trip cruise down there and back though. The Duster ran & drove like a baws.

Saw the Dusters on Friday, but nobody was around when I walked by.

Yeah, both Brian and I walked by there around noon as well and didn't see anyone. Hell, I even ate lunch on his side of the food building watching his car hoping that someone would walk by. But no one did. I literally bumped into him by pure chance as I was just going over there one last time before I left to see if I could find him before I left.

Sorry I missed you guys. The heat was horrible. The wife wasn't feeling good
because of it. Had to take her to the aid station on friday. Then we had to
leave early. I think driving in an unaircondition car for 3 hours and then the
heat there was just to much.
I'm very sorry to not be there for you guys. :prayer: On saturday I went looking for parts and lost track of time. Went by myself.
I am very sorry guys!:eek:ops:

Yep hot just like always.This was year 35 for me,been going since 77.Kinda nice when its only 5 miles from home.

-
Back