who is into "later" cars

-
Later cars also come with seatbelts and more chance of having a/c if you want it.
I have a 75 Scamp and I am fine with it. Looks good and gets noticed when you take it out. Fun counts way more than snob appeal in my books.
When did a bodys first come out with factory seatbelts? Anybody?

Almost every time I go out in my car and stop somewhere, people are saying cool car :)

Later cars also come with seatbelts and more chance of having a/c if you want it.
I have a 75 Scamp and I am fine with it. Looks good and gets noticed when you take it out. Fun counts way more than snob appeal in my books.
When did a bodys first come out with factory seatbelts? Anybody?

Both of my 69's came with seat belts.

I like the later cars
PARTS are AVAILABLE
Better ignition
better brakes IMO
larger upper ball joint
better engine mounts
bigger front spindles
large 5 x 4 1/2 wheel bolt pattern
lighter curb weight on some
no more of that left and rt hand tread stuff on the hubs

I agree with all of these + having stock three point front seatbelts :cheers:

Here's my '74 Dart Sport currently on the builds:

Attachments

• 1974 Dart Sport.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 134
Thinking about going with the Wilwood race set-up...as for the Fiat comment that is in reference to the "newer" challenger...:violent1::violent1:

I'll more then likely be going the same route for my '71. Since that's the target goal...racing.:blob:

For some reason I do like them. Especially some of the late 70's stuff. The only problem is that in CA, anything newer than '75 has to be smogged annually/semi-annually which makes an engine swap very difficult. If an engine swap was conducted, the engine has to be from a car of the same year or newer and retain all of the original smog equipment. If a DMV ref doesn't like the swap, he may tell you to change stuff.

One of the guys on the forums maybe 5 or so years ago stuck a Viper V10 into a Dakota. He retained the original smog equipment and followed the swap by the book. Unfortunately when he took it to the DMV ref, the ref told him to throw 4 cats on the back.

Just say no to the beak.

I do like the magnums tho always did, and did own a 77 charger with a 440 i put in it.

-
Back