Who knows aftermarket car radios not A body

-

340wedge

Reaction score
I am about to put in an aftermarket double din in my 2006 Charger Daytona. I am confused in that the harness I bought to plug into the factory harness has two yellow (constant 12V) and two grounds. It looks like one yellow and black wire extra but they must go somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

I am about to put in an aftermarket double din in my 2006 Charger Daytona. I am confused in that the harness I bought to plug into the factory harness has two yellow (constant 12V) and two grounds. It looks like one yellow and black wire extra but they must go somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
Different application,or vehicle. Just disregard them. Tape em off.

Isn’t there a wiring diagram printed in the owners manual of the new radio? If not google the model number and you’ll find one.

It will look something like this.
7A01D08D-4507-4337-ABE8-233CAA16DFA5.png

Thank you for the responses. The aftermarket stereo shows one yellow and one black ground. The harness with plug I bought that mates to the factory harness has two yellow and two grounds. I am going to ignore the one extra yellow and ground and see if it powers up.

I put a Sony audio system in a 89 Toyota pickup many years ago. It had 2 hot wires... one powered the radio when the ignition switch was on, but the other had full time power for the clock. Could that be the purpose on yours? Or possibly to maintain your preset radio stations and bass/treble/balance settings?

All current car stereos have
Battery positive, usually red
Ignition positive usually yellow
Dimmer in , orange
Amp trigger , blue
Battery ground, black. 3 of these wires are necessary to power the unit up.

-
Back