Who knows how to sharpen stuff?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
My small saw tooth pruning saw and pruning scissors are dull? Do I use a stone or grinder or what? Do I sharpen one side or both sides? Thank you.

Triangle file or stone. You may need to set the teeth on the saw. For the scissors I'd just use a stone. There have got to be a bunch of utube videos for each that are easier to watch than me to type out.

I used to do them agree on the saw. The sicisors should be taken apart so you can lap the flat mating (machined) sides on a really flat surface (glass works) With 350 grit or higher.

On your pruning saw its important to clear the teeth of wood pulp before you put it away. Otherwise it can hold moisture and rust between the teeth, guaranteeing a dull cut.

I use this thing to sharpen all of our knives...

Apex 3 Kit – Apex Model Edge Pro Sharpening System

And thanks to my wife having more than a dozen pair of scissors I added this to it...

Apex Scissor Attachment

Both were pricey but well worth it for us. Key to a sharp edge is consistency...I can't even draw a straight line so there ain't no way I could be any sort of consistent with a sharpening stone....

I got luckt a few years ago and picked up a Foley Belsaw 1055. Can do just about anything including chain saw blade. Scored it for under 200. They are on CL on occasion.

DSCN0162-e1456166742209.jpg

-
Back