Who makes a good cam for a blown 472 Hemi

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
i picked up a 472 Crate Hemi and since it's only got 9.5 compression I thought it might be a good candidate for my BDS 671 blower. Everyone that I've talked to says to stay with a 110 LSA on the camshaft, the cams that came in it are 108. So what's everybody running for camshafts on their blown Hemi's? I'm changing the heads to the new Edelbrock Hemi heads and I can go with a hydraulic flat tapped or Hydraulic roller and it's just a street car, not building a ProMod or anything too crazy.

I built a blown 354 about 10 years ago. I had George at Clay Smith Cams do mine... it was a mild street grind on a 113 lsa. I ran a single 850 Edelbrock. That huffer will give you lots of performance and will be easy to drive if you keep that cam mild. Keep the lumpy, gas guzzling, way too rich setups to the pro stock wanna be's.

Today I'd try Mike Jones... www.jonescams.com .

I'll give them a call. I just want this thing to look nasty and run pretty decent, not trying to set any records. I've got other motors I can max out.

i picked up a 472 Crate Hemi and since it's only got 9.5 compression I thought it might be a good candidate for my BDS 671 blower. Everyone that I've talked to says to stay with a 110 LSA on the camshaft, the cams that came in it are 108. So what's everybody running for camshafts on their blown Hemi's? I'm changing the heads to the new Edelbrock Hemi heads and I can go with a hydraulic flat tapped or Hydraulic roller and it's just a street car, not building a ProMod or anything too crazy.
what are u going to do w/ the heads that come off of it ?

I don't really know just yet, I have 2 more Mega blocks to build. I just heard so many horror stories about the MP Crate motors dropping valves and such that I figured I would tear it down and check everything. Since I'm down that far I figured I might as well lose 60 pounds and pick up a little extra flow in the process.

I don't really know just yet, I have 2 more Mega blocks to build. I just heard so many horror stories about the MP Crate motors dropping valves and such that I figured I would tear it down and check everything. Since I'm down that far I figured I might as well lose 60 pounds and pick up a little extra flow in the process.
cool ! My raised port victor knock off wedge heads are only 6 pounds lighter per head than iron 915`s !

Yeah, I read that, I'm not trying to build a world beater, just something that looks cool and is fun to drive.

Bullet cams, crower, comp can all make you one to your set up
You could always call some one like Doug Herbert, those top fuel guys know about blower cams , and he has a mail order business, street cars included.

-
Back