Who on here is from Michigan?

-

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the General Discussion forum but figured I should look here too...

So I'm living in Colorado now and have been for almost a decade, but being a recent college grad (even with a BSME) with little experience isn't working in the current job market; I love being here but the recent migration of people in the last couple years made it super competitive and expensive. One day I was thinking "wth let's see what some of the big players have open" and apparently FCA has a huge number of positions open for entry-level engineers which seem really cool. I currently live with my family and it would be a big life change for me to go that far away on my own (or with my wife I should say). So anyone on here live in Michigan, preferably anywhere near the Auburn Hills or Chelsea areas? What's it like? I hear the winters are pretty harsh but the pics on Google look nice lol...

Been a Michigander my whole life...Grew up on the East Side (Clinton Twp) Not far from Mancini Racing (A local MOPAR speed shop)...Now residing in Flushing (NW of Flint)...Work in Troy as a Tooling Process Engineer. Auburn Hills is booming with industry and technology...A lot of companies besides FCA...AAM, BorgWarner, Brose, Faurecia, US Farathane, Fanuc, GKN, etc. Winters are touch and go...Some winters very cold and little snow, others we get dumped on, but still nothing like we used to get. Michigan is a nice state, but the big lakes can make weather predictions 50/50. Muscle Cars are in our culture...The weeks leading to the August Dream Cruise, shows many different rides cruising Woodward Ave. on a nightly basis. The East Side has the Gratiot Cruises...North is Back to the Bricks in Flint. IF you have any specific questions, please shoot me a pm.

I'm about 20 minutes from Chelsea, a beautiful little town and great surrounding area! Lots of nice back roads to cruise on, close to Ann Arbor or Jackson for some city life, and there are lots of Mopar minded people around, Chelsea being the home to the Chrysler Proving Grounds!!

Auburn Hills area is also nice, but it is easily the most congested area in Michigan! It is bustling, and the prices are much higher for housing in that area, it's a straight shot down 75 into Detroit from there and has been the fastest growing area in Michigan for years!! Good news....Ventimiglias Italian grocery store is nearby in Warren, and the Italian subs there are legendary!!!

-
Back