Who rebuilds Thermoquads?

-

midnight340

Reaction score
I built a fresh TQ for my 340, and one more I’m selling for a ‘73-74 340, but now someone else is asking where they can get theirs rebuilt. I’m not intending to start doing more.

Any tips as to who might be reliable?

I heard there is a FABO sponsor here that knows his way around Thermoquads.
1FCEE795-4A09-4F1D-841E-0B9B2B3F76C8.png

Whom ever has the rebuild kit in front of him.... You want it refinished? That takes special processes ie: glass beading, ball burnishing, teflon coating, possibly milling.

I had 2 of them done by a guy who went by "Demonsizzler" a few years ago, but I don't think he's around any more.

I recently bought a rebuilt TQ 6518 from a seller on ebay who's located in Oklahoma, but I haven't got it installed yet, so I can't vouch for it. The seller certainly did seem friendly, helpful, obviously knows a lot about TQs and his prices are moderate, so if this 6518 works out well, I'll put his name and contact information on here.

Don't remember the carb number but both of them that I sent in were the same number as each other, listing was an 80 Truck with a 360.
I've been thru tq's before and as long as the bowl isn't cracked or warped they come out alright. But I haven't done one of those in years. For one thing I can't get the"good" carb dip any more, (thanks EPA) and I have nothing big enough to dunk the base or air horn castings of a 4 barrel any more. I last did a 1 barrel off of a slant 6 and was barely able to soak them

there is a member here who bought a carb shop a year or two ago but i can't remember his handle , but his work looked impressive and his tq's were beautiful .

-
Back