Who remembers those 1970s Chevy truck TV ads ?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay....I hope that I am not imagining this, but...
As a kid, I thought I remembered seeing a Chevrolet Truck TV ad where they had a truck suspended from a crane. They dropped it to show how tough the chassis was. I know Ford had a similar ad, Dodge did too.
I've searched YouTube but cannot find it. Does anyone else remember this? Dad sold Chevrolets in the 70s and I remember him bringing home brochures and sales literature on the new cars. It was pretty cool as a kid. He used to get trucks as his personal vehicles. One was a 2 tone 1/2 ton Short/Wide with hubcaps.....and a 454 ! I remember him power braking it at stoplights! Good times!

I only remember changing the jingle from, "Nothing runs like a Chevy truck"' to, "Nothing rusts like a Chevy truck"!

The only ones I remember was Ford carrying a Chevy and dragging a Dodge up a stone mound to advertise the twin I-beam

I only remember the Dodge trucks falling from suspended cables, not Ford or Chev trucks.
That was in the mid '80s i believe...........

Okay....I hope that I am not imagining this, but...
As a kid, I thought I remembered seeing a Chevrolet Truck TV ad where they had a truck suspended from a crane. They dropped it to show how tough the chassis was. I know Ford had a similar ad, Dodge did too.
I've searched YouTube but cannot find it. Does anyone else remember this? Dad sold Chevrolets in the 70s and I remember him bringing home brochures and sales literature on the new cars. It was pretty cool as a kid. He used to get trucks as his personal vehicles. One was a 2 tone 1/2 ton Short/Wide with hubcaps.....and a 454 ! I remember him power braking it at stoplights! Good times!

I'm 56, I remember. Who had the one where first it was a truck carrying a truck, then two trucks?

I believe that was Ford.
The Chevy commercial is a little fuzzy in my memory. I'm 53....I seem to recall the ad taking place on some sort of loading dock, maybe near water?

I'm 56, I remember. Who had the one where first it was a truck carrying a truck, then two trucks?

I believe that was Ford.
The Chevy commercial is a little fuzzy in my memory. I'm 53....I seem to recall the ad taking place on some sort of loading dock, maybe near water?

Is post #3 invisible?

Just checking to make sure the tablet is working.

I'm so old I remember Hudson pickups hauling animals, two by two, for Noah...

-
Back