who runs 13sec to 12.80 in the 1/4

-
I believe (could be wrong) that the US octane rating is different to Australia's

So our 98 could be 94 for example to you.

I only add the booster if I start to get a sign of pinging.

Not a 360 but a 340. 13.2 @ 105mph With no changes from how it is on the street, when I go to the track.

E70-14 Redline Re-pop Tires at standard air pressure.

Victor 340, Holly 800Dp

Crower street roller cam and roller valve train.

Ported and flowed original x heads.

Balanced bottom end with polished stock rods.

XHD Springs (front mount flipped) and pinion snubber.

Original torsion bars

Normal street shocks

Original Hipo 340 exhaust manifolds into TTI, 2 1/2" Xpipe system, DynoMax Ultra-Flow mufflers

3.91 gears

11.7 compression

so i guess what i have to do is find what compression my pistons are and shave the deck and the heads

I believe (could be wrong) that the US octane rating is different to Australia's

So our 98 could be 94 for example to you.

This would be correct, the ratings are different on the same fuel.
What size cam and tires? Have you changed the converters out?

DusterBoy15 said:
so i guess what i have to do is find what compression my pistons are and shave the deck and the heads
What year 360?
You'll need not more than 9.0-1 to run the time.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but my car runs low 13’s on the motor….except my track is @ 5800 feet and the density altitude for those runs is usually around 9000 feet. So, I guess (and I mean GUESS) my car would be in the high 11’s down in your neck of the woods (on the motor).

Anyway, here is my combo:
360 10.7:1 compression, Eddy heads (91 octane friendly)
750dp, Air gap intake
MP 509 cam
Headman Huslter headers 1 ¾ primary tubes
727 manual VB
8 ¾ w/ 4.10
28x11.5 Hoosier QTP
3250 lbs with driver

On the sauce, she runs 11.0’s in the 9000 foot crappy air.:burnout:

car0009-1.JPG

This would be correct, the ratings are different on the same fuel.
What size cam and tires? Have you changed the converters out?

What year 360?
You'll need not more than 9.0-1 to run the time.

its a 76-78 with forged pistons and a eldy air gap rpm and 750 vac carb and headers

its a 76-78 with forged pistons and a eldy air gap rpm and 750 vac carb and headers

So the aftermarket forged pistons are how low/deep in the hole?
Coupled with what gasket Diamaentions) and (Amount of cc's) heads? Are they .030 overbored? Valve notchs in the pistons are how deep?

Flyfish, your guess is good, chassis depedent. But good. Air quality here at the shore on this Long Island can vary alot from time to time.
Believe me, when the milli bars rise on a cool night, it's a beautiful thing.

Low 12's should not be tooooo hard with that engine package. Again, weight and chassis tune play big.

ok so i ripped the heads off and there not FORGED!!!!!!!! so now im really pissed and there flat head pistons with notchs facing the front so these are like stock pistons or ones from kragens or something and there like ummm from 1/4in or a lil less from the top

How do you know they arent forged ? Do they have a part number on them ?

well i havent seen foreged pistons that look like the stock pistons with 2 cut out arrows on them and are flat top

Is there a part number or any stampings on the piston tops ? You may need to scrape the carbon off them to see.

If its been rebuilt it should at least have the over bore size stamped in to them. We need pictures.

the pistons arent completly flat they have like a big dish in the middle and a lip higher on the out side all around

-
Back