Who should I buy a 727 or 904 from?

-
It's funny we are talking about Joe trans b/c Larry Griffins car just won the stock auto class at the Gator Nationals today.. Guess whos parts are in that trans? Tranzact for the win. lol..

Also John I heard a story about to recently on how you actual got your start in the business, you should learn to be a little more humble my friend.. after all we are only talking about car parts right?

Also John I heard a story about to recently on how you actual got your start in the business, you should learn to be a little more humble my friend.. after all we are only talking about car parts right?

Well, My father had a trans shop in Chicago starting in 1969, and at the age of 12, I was helping the old man out, My father was the one that got me into the biz.

So, I would like to here from you, what you heard, I know what your going to say, as I heard this BS story before, I layed my cards on the table, now you do the same.

And you never answer my question, What do you get for the money you pay?

I just PMed you the phone number to Joes big brother Mike Christman. You can call Mike from M-F 9-5 Indy time. He can give you a ear full. He is more than happy to awnser any questions you have and he can clear up the lies you have been told.

John,

I'm just curious as to why you are going about it in this fashion? If you are a professional how stands behind a great product then why vendor bash on a mopar forum? Doesn't make a lot of since to me, of course I only have a Masters degree in Business :violent1:

Also Before I ordered the trans Joe gave me a list of what parts would be in the trans.. Do I know the list off the top of my head no.. I know it has something like billet drum, billet this and that, low band VB, blah blah.. I'm not trans expert hell I'm just a guy who pays for what I want...

As far as me laying my cards on the table about how u got ur start u obviously know what I was going to say so why bother right?

BTW that's joes half brother by marrige or something like that.. :wack:

Well I can't comment on owning a complete transmission from John but I have bought several parts from his company. His parts are top notch and he has outstanding customer service.

My good friend who built my 727 spent over an hour talking to John about the parts, best set up, bsing, etc on John's dime. Andy was impressed with the quality of the parts and John's knowledge of mopar transmissions.

Just out of curiosity, what guarantee are you getting when buying a transmission from whoever?

John,

I'm just curious as to why you are going about it in this fashion? If you are a professional how stands behind a great product then why vendor bash on a mopar forum? Doesn't make a lot of since to me, of course I only have a Masters degree in Business :violent1:

If you think I replyed to this post just to bash Joe, you are wrong, I am replying to this post to defend myself and my business, maybe you should go back and read the post. With the lies that have been said, I ask you, in what fashion should I go about this? I am not just going to lay down and get kicked in the nuts by two people that don’t even know me, never met me, and never done business with me. Everything you two have said is not from first hand knowledge, Its from Joe. And one thing I can say about Joe, He is absolutely the worlds best, pathological liar.

If you think I replyed to this post just to bash Joe, you are wrong, I am replying to this post to defend myself and my business, maybe you should go back and read the post. With the lies that have been said, I ask you, in what fashion should I go about this? I am not just going to lay down and get kicked in the nuts by two people that don’t even know me, never met me, and never done business with me. Everything you two have said is not from first hand knowledge, Its from Joe. And one thing I can say about Joe, He is absolutely the worlds best, pathological liar.

I feel like I'm talking to my little brother... wow. I never said anything negative that directly involves your company... Now save face, and stop bashing other vendors. It makes you look and sound like an arrogant *** hole. I'm sure your a nice guy that sells a nice product.. I don't have an issue with you. It wasn't me who called ur stuff over priced blah blah blah....I have never and don't plan to kick you in the nuts over a silly transmission. Relax a little bit.

CRT, You are putting words in Joe's mouth. He has never said even one word about you. I have talked to him several times and he nor I have ever mentioned you or your company, SO get over yourself.

Last time I checked it was me who straight armed you in the throat and got your goat.
So if you have a beef it is with me. Quit bringing things into it that aren't even there.
This is bad and your true colors are showing now bright as day.

Usually when things aren't true someone does not get all freaked out and upset like you are. If they are true than someone starts to get all pissed off defending themselves pointing there fingers everywhere else like you are.

the larry griffiTH car is a 2010 challenger. i dont think it has a 727 trans in it but i'm curious now

if it's a DP car then yes it either has a 727 or 904 etc.. either way Joe provided all the internals for it.

if it's a DP car then yes it either has a 727 or 904 etc.. either way Joe provided all the internals for it.

stk_final.JPG

My head hurts...

im not one to stir the pot, but i just read this whole thread and "joe" is taking a hell of a beating here. a constant bashing and calling someone a pathological liar to someone that is not here to defend himself is really chickenshit in my book. thats all....carry on. im out.

Well if a guy says he builds every transmission himself. The operation clearly can not be that big and I think someone just stuck their foot in their mouth. The question here is "How much can a Pig Eat?".
Other options are available is all I can say. Some of these guys on this site never get to finish their cars because they are over paying for things like this.

Here is an Example...$2000.00 for a Trans that will hold 1200+ HP/TQ or $4800.00 for a Trans that will hold 1200+ HP/TQ.. Both built done and shipped to your door for a shipping charge of $250.00...Both have a good reputation for holding up to the power with virtually no complaints to be found anywhere........ Hmmm that is an easy one.

Oh I forgot, overpaying for something is always good.

Wow you sir are out of your mind.

Show me a 727 for 2000 that will take 1200hp and I'll show you how to break it. I live in indy and the local indy guru offered to build me a Trans for nothing and I wouldn't let them do it.

That's probably the same shop that just used a PVC spacer on the Trans, and he is the same guy who claims to help design the b1 head. He also claims to have been the tuning brains behind the DSR prostock program when it was around.

The guys own brother doesn't by his junk. And when he tells you he has one in a funny car, i dare you to call and ask them. And if I hear about this 727 I. A promod one more time I'll puke. It's a blown chassis car. That is not a promod. The diliniation between then two is a promod is fast.

There are very few people in this mopar hobby that have stuck there neck out for our hobby to better it, John cope, Rick Allison, Russ Flagel, Dave Koffel, those guys do this for us. Sometimes, its hard to accept you cant have what you want so you stand up for what you can get, but I'm sorry to say that you are completely out of line with your remarks......and I don't run a 727 because you can't make one live at any REAL power level

CRT, You are putting words in Joe's mouth. He has never said even one word about you. I have talked to him several times and he nor I have ever mentioned you or your company, SO get over yourself.

Last time I checked it was me who straight armed you in the throat and got your goat.
So if you have a beef it is with me. Quit bringing things into it that aren't even there.
This is bad and your true colors are showing now bright as day.

Usually when things aren't true someone does not get all freaked out and upset like you are. If they are true than someone starts to get all pissed off defending themselves pointing there fingers everywhere else like you are.

He may not have told you but he did tell me that he trained John.

Now I don't start **** on the Internet, but you guys are so far out in left field about who builds good and bad Trans I can't believe it.

You guys can buy what you want, but your all nuts if your drinking the transact kool aid.

There are crate engines in the 20K and up range. I can certainly see a transmission in the 4K range. As to whether anybody is raping or ripping people off, that's soomething altogether different. I don't know about any of that....I've always built my own transmissions. But if any of it's true, whomever is guilty is a crook, plain and simple. I don't give a **** who it is. That said..........

Attachments

• special.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 173
Nothing else needs to be said. You can think what you want, but look at who goes fast and with what.

Nothing else needs to be said. You can think what you want, but look at who goes fast and with what.

Josh what about Leon? He is one of the fastest sb guys around and he runs a Tranzact tranny? Or what about Griffith who just won the Gator Nationals this wk?

I obviously have nothing against John as I have expressed that earlier.. I just went with Joe b/c I felt comfortable with him.

Leon was pretty fast. And I like Leon, not in that special kind of way, just like him. But.... Do you think He made over 1000hp and what weight? Griffins car is not fast. It runs ok for that class. But low 10s high 9s fast

stk_final.JPG

My head hurts...

I hope the stands were fuller than that pic at the Gatornationals. Kinda looks like the Bristol Nascar cup race last weekend. There ain't no money...

I am watching this thread and wading through the BS cause I need a stouter tranny for my car. Currently have a worn out 904 that cannot really handle the 416 stroker. If a 904 can be built for about 550 HP in a very light car with 10.5s somebody let me know. Also would like a 4000 or so converter for it. I do have a local builder but I don't think he has a bead blast capability in his garage shop - but who cares?

Anybody have a nice list of stuff I should put in? I also have a 727 and a bunch of 904 cores.

-
Back