Who started FABO?

-
I read about a 67 Barracuda in Hot Rod magazine and in the article it mentioned that the car owner had this website. He owned it when I joined and soon after Joey Chicago bought it and made it better.

AdamR who visited yesterday, the day before.
He is not here often being busy as a Dad and a small biz owner. He is a good fella. No doubt. Funny too. I’d like to have a chance to hang with him again.

I started the site in February of 2004 I believe. The Barracuda in the magazine wasn't mine, He was one if the first members though. That was one of 2 times MoparMuscle mag got info wrong on me.

Here's my fabo memorabilia collection. The matchbox was hand painted for me by John (340fastback) who past away a few years back.

20181114_180019.jpg

20181114_180031.jpg

20181114_175959.jpg

20181114_180121.jpg

20181114_180156.jpg

Hey! Speak of the devil!

Hey buddy!

Hi Adam, thanks for kicking this thing off. If you don’t mind questions, Did you start the other sites too- Bs, Cs, etc. or did Joey add those? Or which site was the original?

Hi Adam, thanks for kicking this thing off. If you don’t mind questions, Did you start the other sites too- Bs, Cs, etc. or did Joey add those? Or which site was the original?

fabo was the first. Joey added the others but I believe I suggested it.

I believe for a bodies only was the original.
I joined in 2011 and AdamR ruled he was the best !!!

Adam, did you ever imagine it would develop to this magnitude?
I would like to thank you for starting something that has helped so many in the A-body world.
I joined just over a year ago, and find it one of the best forums i have ever visited.
I understand you no longer own it, but that doesent prevent you from getting recognised for opening something that benefits so many in the mopar world.

I heard they charge him extra at the bar.

Who's the oldest members besides the plank holders? I joined Oct '04 and
I can't believe it took me 7 months to join (or find, probably the latter).

I didn’t come along until ‘08, and it really doesn’t seem like 10 years ago. I’m always happy to come here and read up on projects and the folks behind them. My biggest problem is that I do everything online with my phone, so I don’t get full surfing rites like most of the folks here!

Thanks Adam!

Been hanging around since 2005. I have met some good friends on here.

Last edited:
11/05/2006 for me. I'd just bought my '69 Dart project a couple of months earlier and was lucky enough to find FABO shortly after.
Dang! Twelve years have gone by and my Dart still isn't on the road. It's been stalled in two different paint shops for the past two years.

Thanks AdamR for the best spot on the web!

-
Back