Who started FABO?

-
I think it was started by the Greek god “Hemious”, son of Zeus. Many eons ago.

I could be wrong, but that’s what I heard

The earliest members I can remember were mikell beck, 340fastback, coyote jack, and onehellofadart. It was originally a free forum software I found and blew up pretty quick to the point that we would crash the board pretty regularly. Mikell Beck helped me set up the site on better software. I was always surprised how well the board did but I never expected it to do this well and honestly even though i wish I had kept ownership there is no way i would be able to support the site and keep it going without Joey. I also blame myself for the ridiculous rise in A body prices. LOL. I've made these cars so popular I can no longer afford one.

That said, I've met some great people on this site that I can call friends. Even though I've lost touch with most of them over the last few due to life's constant curve balls, Alot of the first group of people have been great to me and my family in the past. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get back in to a car and actually finish it.

Also, if you have been around since the very early days your member number here would be different than from the original site.

Hello Adam, it sure is great to see you pop in sir, hope the kids and business is doing fine , wow it sure has been a great ride here

Hello Adam, it sure is great to see you pop in sir, hope the kids and business is doing fine , wow it sure has been a great ride here

Thanks MeMike. Kids are doing well. My son who was a baby when I started the site is in high school going for culinary. My oldest daughter is about to turn 13 and the baby is now 6. Since I've been gone I've gotten divorced and remarried and just had child #4. My business is unfortunately gone. Collateral damage from the divorce but I did walk away with the house, the dogs and the kids.

20181016_103841.jpg

Thanks MeMike. Kids are doing well. My son who was a baby when I started the site is in high school going for culinary. My oldest daughter is about to turn 13 and the baby is now 6. Since I've been gone I've gotten divorced and remarried and just had child #4. My business is unfortunately gone. Collateral damage from the divorce but I did walk away with the house, the dogs and the kids.

View attachment 1715249222
That is great, I bet you are a great father and very happy with being one, my oldest is a teacher and my youngest is an engineer for a large co (CWC) here in Jonesboro, I have moved about 5 miles deeper in the country and loving life ( On the hill) It really is great to hear from you again sir ..

69076_170727989609222_8183083_n.jpg

0000003.jpg

Just an update for you Adam, Victoria is doing great thank you so much, she has an 8 1'4 rear end (sure grip) 2.74 gear, all new front wheel disk brakes (73/76 mopar) and a new 904 auto, 360 about to go in. she is still making me very happy sir :thumbsup:

000002.jpg

00003.jpg

0000010.jpg

Good to hear from you Adam. Thanks for your creativity here. FABO has become a important part of many lives here.

M Beck! I haven’t seen him in a few years now. I wonder if he still has his bracket Duster. He was doing really well with that car on such a mild engine combo it was almost nutz!

Thanks for the site ..joined July,9 2004..#250 .. bought my first A-body ever that April, a 440 70 dart ... Without help here I would never had figured that thing out. Never got it to hook up though. Hell of an idea to start this, and I wonder how many other sites for other makes, picked up on your idea. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Been here since June of '06. I've learned a lot, mostly by listening to some of the great techs on here, and have found a few hard to find parts. Thanks Adam, for starting this great site, and thanks to Joey, for keeping it going.

^^^^^^^

Over their "nick"?

Member #641 chiming in! Life wouldn't be the same without FABO. Been here since January of 2005.

Agreed.
Weird coincidence.
I'm sitting down to supper at and put on the the Buckingham Nicks album .
Surfing around to see what the Mo Folks are talking about.
Did all that before I saw the above.
I'm not making it up.

Good to hear from you Adam. Thanks for your creativity here. FABO has become a important part of many lives here.

I have done some stupid stuff and go to ask a question on FABO have gotten such good feedback from people and no one ever made me feel dumb, they have been real patient with me and helped me with 99 percent of my issues (car issues). Now if we had a psychiatrist on here building A body this site would be superb. I know there are some self proclaimed shrinks here. Thanks to the pioneer who started it all and his predecessor.

<<<<...your nickname...over there...put your mouse arrow on the name (don't click anything), then look at the lower left corner of your screen....see that looonnnggg statement?...the end number is your member number...(yours is 4717)
Those numbers are all over the place, I'm seeing people with low dates and high numbers.

Alan

I believe Coyote Jack was member number 55.

What say you @Coyote Jack ?

Sorry guy's, I was away hunting again so it has taken a few days for me to respond.

I am member number 55 on this version of FABO. I was around for the previous two (I believe) as well. I have had the privilege of meeting a few of the original members, Adam, Rory and Kevin to name three. They are all good people. I still keep in touch with Brett, the owner of that beautiful blue 'cuda. He owns a dealership out west and has a few cars.

I have met about 40 members over the years and can honestly say that I haven't met a better bunch of people. I met Adam when his oldest daughter was still in diapers. The member that lives the farthest from me that I met was MoparMuscleGuy in Cocoa, Fl, another cool car guy. I would like to meet SGBarracuda, I pass by him usually once a year when I go to Cocoa Beach.

I was not in on making the site, I was just one of the early joiners.

Adam created a good monster here and Joey keeps it going.

Jack

-
Back