Why are dogs like Jello?

-

Avispa

Reaction score
Cause there's always room for more !!!
upload_2021-7-7_18-29-19.png

Here's the collar he had on for years, and on 10 foot chain tied to the dog house.
upload_2021-7-7_18-26-37.png

In the front yard
upload_2021-7-7_18-37-44.png

Out front of the house, he won't stay in the backyard i just fenced in for him.
upload_2021-7-7_18-39-26.png

Been feeding and watering him for years, finally talked the guy outta him, little greenback palm grease also. Took hime straight to the vet, 500 bucks, heart worm pos, he's on meds now and it will be an uphill battle, but we'll make it, this gentle giant eats like a horse, and getting as big as one. Just one more mistreated animal I don't have to think about, see I did it for my conscience :)
Zeus is home !!

Good on ya! There will be a special place in Heaven for you. Such a nice looking boy!

God bless you! He's an old timer, or what little time he has spent on earth has given him some gray muzzle hair. :( I'd have to just let him be wherever he wants to be, and I'll bet that will most of the time be....right wherever you are!

Floyd County Georgia just passed a law that prohibits animals on tethers unsupervised. Hopefully it will help.

Cause there's always room for more !!!
View attachment 1715761943

Here's the collar he had on for years, and on 10 foot chain tied to the dog house.
View attachment 1715761942

In the front yard
View attachment 1715761950
Out front of the house, he won't stay in the backyard i just fenced in for him.
View attachment 1715761952
Been feeding and watering him for years, finally talked the guy outta him, little greenback palm grease also. Took hime straight to the vet, 500 bucks, heart worm pos, he's on meds now and it will be an uphill battle, but we'll make it, this gentle giant eats like a horse, and getting as big as one. Just one more mistreated animal I don't have to think about, see I did it for my conscience :)
Zeus is home !!

Very nice!

I can't imagine putting chains on my two best friends!!!
I despise people like that. View attachment 1715762038

:thumbsup: I've seen those guys! Which one is it that has the "I'm gonna eat your *** alive if I get outta this fence!" bark? I'm guessing the one on the left in the above pic, because he has such a serious look on his face....lol.

Thank you and bless you for what you did. We have two miniature dachshunds who are so much a part of the family, we barely think of them as dogs. I can feel that you love dogs too.

Rescue dogs are the best pets. I don’t know a single person who has a rescue dog that doesn’t say what a great pup they have. I know ours is the best dog I’ve ever had! Good on you Avispa, for making Zues’s golden years his best ones, he’s quite a handsome boy!

Your a good man. We have had a few rescues over the years, and they are the best.
Whatever love you give them, they give you 10x more.

:thumbsup: I've seen those guys! Which one is it that has the "I'm gonna eat your *** alive if I get outta this fence!" bark? I'm guessing the one on the left in the above pic, because he has such a serious look on his face....lol.
It's the one on the right! My sweet girl Tammi is on left, and she would just lick you to death!
Both of my dogs are rescues, Sammi was 3 and 3/4 pound when I found him. Tammi was 17 pounds, a little older then he was.
He is now 6, and she is 3.
I don't know what I would do without them.

Thanks for saving that guy. Some people don't understand that dogs are social creatures, and chaining them up like that will break their spirit.

Thanks for all the kind words and interest. I guess Zeus will be my last rescue unless I can pass them along to someone, my age, health, and location has put a limit on any more pups here.
A couple of anecdotes here before I bore everyone to death! :)
I was "station dito" in the Philippines, and as luck would have it i met a lovely young female local female who took a liking to me. (go figure) Well she invited me to her home to meet the family, they went all out on a traditional feast. During the dinner I tried many dishes I liked and some i didn't, later that evening she asked how I liked the meal, everything was great I replied, especially the stew, Ah she says, that was aso (Tagalog) for dog, Damn!

Some cultures don't have the affection for dogs as most others, my niece was living with a Muslim "Mo" for short. At the time I only had the two mini dachshunds, I was telling them how much affection and love we gave each other and that they even slept with me, a look of disgust and disbelief in the look he gave me was amazing, he asked, "you sleep with those dogs", Yes i said, "Iv'e been sleeping with dogs all my life, why not these 4 legged ones also", my niece got it, he just gave me a blank stare and walked away! :)

Anyway thanks again for the kind words and support from all Ya'll.
And yes, my avitar is an A4-E "scooter" of VC-5 Checkertails at NAS Cubi point, Philippines

Last edited:
The first pic is when his dog house was out in full sun, i still don't know how he survived a Ga. summer. I finally convinced the owner to move him into some shade, when it rained he just laid in the mud when he wasn't in the dog house, i started spreading wheat straw for him to lay on, the first time with the wheat straw he started wallowing and rolling in it.
His collar must have gotten hot in the summers and was so tight i could hardly get my fingers between the collar and his body, there was dog poop everywhere and his five gallon bucket of water was green with algae and leaves floating in it, disgusting!
I offered him 500 bucks for the dog, nope, "it was his baby", finally got fed up and dropped a dime on him to animal services, i just couldn't see him suffer anymore. The owner said he was getting visits and notices in the mail and wanted to let him go, thank God!
He got to where he would go nuts when he saw my car turn to corner to come and feed and water him, sometimes i would get 5 or 6 of the one dollar McDonalds cheeseburgers as a treat or a moon pie which he loved.

-
Back