Why are models of cars so pricey?

-
I had a couple models of my favorites...1969 Charger....Hemi Under Glass...then was offered a whole collection of Danbury-Franklin Models. 170 models. As I researched them prior to getting them all, I found that China is not making them any more...too expensive and the price was slowing down the export.
So....that means scarcity...fewer available...higher prices for purchase. They are beautiful and precise....perfect to display....and no oil changes or carb problems!!
That's why I got the whole collection....started in the 1970's.
I'm now a seller....ha!
Howard

I just picked up a original issue MPC Dodge Warlock complete minus decals in the box for $47 shipped
I already have the decals which is supposed to make it worth between $100-150

I agree with this! I have built numerous models over the years and really. just getting back into it but....The price holy ****!

I got a 69 Charger General Lee, and 2 '70 Super Bee's and I just found that the Super Bee from AMT is a collectable! WOW! Then sometime this year MPC (new owners of the old AMT) is going to re-release the 70 Super Bee!

Cost? freakin' $30? I don't think I paid $30 for 4 brand new models, 10 years ago, but for one?

Damn that Chinese Steel!:wack:

This jst came out. A 1975 Dodge Dart Sport. $24.00

Attachments

• Dart Sport.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 130
-
Back