??WHY?? didn't they just put the drip rails back on?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I REALLY don't like some of the modern cars/ trucks you open the door on a rainy slushy day and "all that" goes right down in the seat/ map pocket/ all over the window switches, this is not news, to you guys

So, I'm behind a Tacoma in the drive up this noon, and I noticed JUST LIKE MY DAKOTA they have ugly glued in rubber trim the length of the top of the cab where the body was welded together. WHY NOT just design in drip rails like it all ustabe?

I REALLY don't like some of the modern cars/ trucks you open the door on a rainy slushy day and "all that" goes right down in the seat/ map pocket/ all over the window switches, this is not news, to you guys

So, I'm behind a Tacoma in the drive up this noon, and I noticed JUST LIKE MY DAKOTA they have ugly glued in rubber trim the length of the top of the cab where the body was welded together. WHY NOT just design in drip rails like it all ustabe?
Not sleek enough for a modern car. I have a 73 Chevy pick up that was the first year for that body style. No drip rails, used to dump water. Put drip rails on it
soon after getting truck in 1974. I think one could order drip rails as a option for those trucks. It's 2 piece, the drip rail channel and a stainless molding on the outside.

Not sleek enough for a modern car. I have a 73 Chevy pick up that was the first year for that body style. No drip rails, used to dump water. Put drip rails on it
soon after getting truck in 1974. I think one could order drip rails as a option for those trucks. It's 2 piece, the drip rail channel and a stainless molding on the outside.
Spot on....

Sleek, or SLEET? Because SLEET is what you get when you open the door on a wet day!!!

Never had an issue in the newer cars... my Duster on the other hand? The drip rails are nearly worthless since if you open the window in the rain, you get soaked

I miss drip rails but these things do OK for driving in the rain.
Not so much when the door opens and snow falls in.
‘03 quad cab Dakota below.
And yea! The Japs copied this bad boy!
Oh man did they copy it!
image.jpg

The plastic plug molding hides the roof to side stamping weld joint.

Can also act as a pseudo drip rail, but can also catch leaves and crud.

I agree about toyota designing their "full size" truck, then called t100 after the Dakota.
It doesn't look like it any more but the tacoma was redesigned much larger when the small platform changed from the hilux series.

gm also upsized the colorado/canyon.

right about then Dodge exited the mid-size truck market. A HUGE misstep IMO since obviously they had gotten it right.

...and those vent shades work very well.

Ever wonder whats under those new plastic fender guards? Yup, big *** ugly spot welds. Rain gutters increase drag and noise a the expense of functionality. My Car has such deep gasket channels under the wrap around door tops that they act as rain gutters. We called those little bubble top shields "blasters" in the mini truck days.

Wing windows were awesome! You could pop 'em and they would blow you down with the windows up.

-
Back