They'll never go out of style
Sometimes they cost less than new cars
They create more attention
They' re built to last and already have
Easier to work on and understand than the modern rolling computers
They're just different from everything else and fit my style better
They have a history and were built with a purpose

What's yours

History. It kinda sucks being the second owner of my dart because I have a pretty good idea of its life before me but I love driving around in old cars and thinking about the memories made in them.

Also it’s much cheaper to build a 450 horse small block then it is to buy a new car with the same power.

They were the ground work, trail blazers for anything you got out there now.....and despite their relatively primitive nature, :steering:they got the job done...and then some! When I baby the ones I've had I feel like I'm respecting an era and a generation of engineers, craftsmen, builders and mechanics...not to mention I just really like the cars..

Cars are only as old as you treat them.

My first car was a muscle era mopar and I have never "upgraded" into a "newer" car. The newest car I have now is a 1975 and I use my mopars to drive and they are my only transportation.

Some people used to take it like I am poor and cant afford a new car which is not the case, my parents even wanted me to "upgrade" and they wanted to buy me a new dart when they came out a few years ago and I said NO

Getting a new car would mean that my daily drive 68 dart would be put out to pasture and die slowly. It will go anywhere a new car would so why park it????? It has worked fine for the past 50years, why change anything now???

I don't need power this and that, nor an ipod thingy. Radio delete, manual steering and brakes, slant six with an 833 OD works just fine.

A/C would be nice when I am dressed up to go somewhere formal but that is why they have freshen up rooms where ever you go.

I love the feel of an early Barracuda. The High Performance, solid cammed, fast curve, TQ, 273 with “J” heads, 4 speed, Hurst shifted, Formula S suspension, straight through exhaust, grippy radial tires, the big back window, the fold down rear seat, gages instead of idiot lights. Drive anywhere, any time, at any speed, all day long. Enough?

It does to me. No offense meant to you. I am glad you like it. I am sure it hauls ***. I just never liked that they modeled it off the 300 and made it a four door. I know. It'll still haul ***. Again, I am glad you like it. I just never could get into them.

It does to me. No offense meant to you. I am glad you like it. I am sure it hauls ***. I just never liked that they modeled it off the 300 and made it a four door. I know. It'll still haul ***. Again, I am glad you like it. I just never could get into them.
That’s ok, everybody has different things they like. I like the new ones as much as I like the old ones.

Lots of iron from the past that I never liked and lots from the recent times that I don’t like either.

I am glad I have HP Mopars from both eras that I love and enjoy.

Last edited:
Because I feel more connected to the vehicle. You can feel the steering, the brakes, when you break traction. No over sensitive electric power steering, no abs, no traction control. Just me and the car. Also I tend to trust it more because I'm the one who built it up.

I love cleaning up mouse nests............. :)

Actually, there is nothing like putting some roller wheels on something, dragging it onto a trailer, taking it home and bringing it back to life. The first time the engine runs is the beginning. It gets better from there to the road.

The main reason I like old cars may be stupid to some......to me, they have their own individual faces. Each one kinda emulates the human face with eyes, nose and a mouth. That was taken away a long time ago.

Because they work well without a #$%@ computer trying to tell them what to do (and no ECU to go on the blink, which seems to be as sure as taxes and death)!

These old cars have soul which the new ones just don't have, Yes the new ones have all the creature comforts with lots of power and all the wiz bang Gadgets ABS ,traction control ,etc etc but its just different your more connected to it as mentioned above you become as one when driving them.

i'm starting to not like old cars.. with how the new cars perform and the cost of classic muscle anymore its kinda getting silly to mess with these old rust buckets.. a v6 camaro,challenger or mustang run in the 13's.. hell that 4cyl mustang will tear some classic muscle up..

modern muscle performs awesome.. fast, stops and corners awesome.. and they car nice and comfortable to be in, better mpg too.. best of all worlds.. plus they are built light years better then old cars. quality control is much better too.. nothing about a classic car was built to last..

i always hear that modern muscle has no personality. well here is a news flash that 1970 car was the same way back then. they gain personality as they are used...

i seriously think i'm an idiot at times plying with this old junk..

I like cars, old, new, no matter. To me cool is cool. What's not to like about a Hellcat or new Demon? That said, I LOVE old school muscle and will always have something old to work on and play with!

Pat

-
Back