why is there 2 different size push rods for a 360??

-

Brian c

Reaction score
I need to get new rods for my 408 stroker, they need to be for adjustable rocker. I looked around and there are 2 different lengths available, not sure what ones i need??

for adjustable rockers...yes there is two lengths available...one is for adjustable rockers with hydraulic cam...and one is for adjustable rockers with solid lifter cam..

the solid lifter cam will take a slightly longer pushrod due to the plunger or seat being farther down in the lifer...

X2 on what 70aarcuda said. When I went looking for pushrods I got a pushrod length checker off eBay to make sure of the correct length. Just my thoughts on the deal.

Magnum heads or LA heads? That is the biggie for pushrod differences other than ball or cup.

I think the 7.5" is standard for stock hydraulic valvetrain on the LA engine. Magnum heads on an LA use the 7.65". Oh solid lifter yeah longer ones.... Do your rockers have cup or ball?

Crane Cams 69690-16

64-91, 273 thru 360 "LA" with mechanical lifters and adjustable rockers 7.455" 5/16 Cup and Ball Ends 69690-16

If you have the ball end rockers and need cup and ball pushrods you really would do best to have it checked with an adjustable rod. I've had all kinds of issues relating to different brands of rockers, thick or thin head gaskets, milled heads etc. If someone on this forum is using all the same components as you then that should be very close.

-
Back