WHY you should NOT worship "movie cars"

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of this nonsense of a certain kind of cult/ hero worship over movie cars. Now that we have 'the internet' we find out that these girls "ain't" and never WERE what they might have "seemed."

Not only that, but after some wrecks and retakes, "it turns out" that there might have been MORE THAN ONE to depict the "car character"

So tonight on the Roku box, up pops "The California Kid." Now this thing FOR CERTAIN sounds like a bad *** big cam thumper with a stick shift.

And I ran into "we claim" this is the original car. (Jake Slover) Someone supposedly in the know claims the car has it's original 302 AND AUTOMATIC and that the sound effects were done by a Corvette stick shift car On a side note, why anyone would put a cast iron FMX in ANYTHING is beyond me
Hot Rods You Should Know: The California Kid '34 Ford
https://www.kansascity.com/cars/article20045478.html

The California Kid, the Iconic 1934 Ford Coupe - ThrottleXtreme

2016-02-23_00-52-06-640x523.jpg

..............You guys DO REALIZE this is LOLOL doncha??..............

What've got against the FMX? It's a bit heavy but they're good transmissions.

Uh,...................."it's a bit heavy" LOLOL...........see post 2..................

I have been a Charger fanatic since I was 9 yo (1971) . A white 70 Charger SE ( see avitar) would pass my house every day after filling up at a nearby gas station .

I DESPISED THE DUKES OF HAZZARD !
Wrecking all those Chargers made me sick! To this day Orange Chargers make me cringe.

I DESPISED THE DUKES OF HAZZARD ! Wrecking all those Chargers made me sick! To this day Orange Chargers make me cringe.[/QUOTE said:
I agree with you fully.
It was a entertaining show for sure, but the destruction of the Chargers for the sake of filming always pissed me off.
And some were R/Ts, whatever they could get their hands on for cheap.
Most were used over and over getting bondoed up or whatever it took to make the scene and still have the basic look.
To this day, if I run across another ''Dukes of Hazzard Charger clone'', I just shake my head and turn away just like I did when people started doing them in the '80s.

And to top it all off, I hated the fake soundtracks on all of the films which didn't match the cars at all.

Just like how almost every car in a TV show sounded like a Chrysler whenever the engine was starting, and tires can squeal on dirt roads and in the rain! All about the "sound effects". Lol

^^Or as good as some of the Bullitt chase was, the stupid double clutch 21 speed gearbox^^ WHICH WAS RE-used in several other movies and TV shows, SOME OF THEM automatics!!!

Just like how almost every car in a TV show sounded like a Chrysler whenever the engine was starting, and tires can squeal on dirt roads and in the rain! All about the "sound effects". Lol

AND every diesel engine in the movies sounded like a two stroke Detroit which i did not mind . lol .

^^Or as good as some of the Bullitt chase was, the stupid double clutch 21 speed gearbox^^ WHICH WAS RE-used in several other movies and TV shows, SOME OF THEM automatics!!!
I find the “Fast and Furious” franchise unwatchable due to the unrealistic Hollywood special effects. Total bullshit. Rj

My favorite is movie people driving the vehicle with the column shifter in park.
How about "The 7 ups" which used the sound track out of the 75 speed stick shift Bullitt but at some point the camera showed the driver slamming on the brakes--THE BIG WIDE AUTOMATIC POWER BRAKE PEDAL lololol

I have been a Charger fanatic since I was 9 yo (1971) . A white 70 Charger SE ( see avitar) would pass my house every day after filling up at a nearby gas station .

I DESPISED THE DUKES OF HAZZARD !
Wrecking all those Chargers made me sick! To this day Orange Chargers make me cringe.
keep in mind those cars were 10 year old used gas guzzlers' during the second oil embargo in the late 70s...and I've said it before no one wanted these cars after they were used scrap iron...I remember my mom was car shopping in 1977, she had a choice of a 71 Charger with a 440, or a 66 chevlle with a 283 ...she picked the Chevy I said "Mom, get the charger..."LOL!

^^Frankly I doubt that the amount of Chargers wrecked by "The Dukes" materially affected prices due to reduced "stock" but I agree that I detest a "General" clone car

I dont ever recall Chargers not being sought after. Sure they were inexpensive relative to todays average car but you had to be quick on any 2nd gen Charger to buy it .

I knew guys in the 80s here in Idaho that remembered buyers from the show scouring the area for cars.

^^Frankly I doubt that the amount of Chargers wrecked by "The Dukes" materially affected prices due to reduced "stock" but I agree that I detest a "General" clone car

I like the movie Commando. We're Arnold wrecks the Porsche. Rolls it,car is crushed. He flips it up right, uh ok,
And turns it around and drives off. Car suddenly doesn't have a mark on it. Lol

I like the movie Commando. We're Arnold wrecks the Porsche. Rolls it,car is crushed. He flips it up right, uh ok,
And turns it around and drives off. Car suddenly doesn't have a mark on it. Lol
Yep, I remember that one - Really obvious. He slid sideways into another car and bashed in the whole driver's side. Drives away, not a scratch. Even funnier, in the next shot he's driving down the road and the left side is all smashed up again:rolleyes:

-
Back