Why????

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Well, I went to do a little photo shoot of my Duster today since the weather was perfect and the mountains looked beautiful. It was a perfect evening to do so. So I found a dirt road out in the middle of nowhere and I got situated. I took one, it looked good, but I wanted a little bit different angel. So I moved a little and took another pic and it looked great. I started walking to the other side to take a pic and noticed that I had the cops rolling up on me. Now I know that a lot of people will say that they won’t just come bother you for nothing. Well, I was doing nothing. I was on a back road away from anyone. I was standing there with my camera and he decides that he needs to get all of my info and run my ID and whatever else they do. WHY?? I DID NOTHING!! It wasn’t even a no trespassing area. I was on a public road. Well, I wanted to continue, but he just sat there. So I got in and drove away. Well, he started following me. As I am going down the road, another Sheriff is coming down the road towards me. What, Is my camera and car a threat? It’s a slant six for hell sakes. I don’t understand. Can we not even take pics of our own cars without being bothered?

Sorry for the rant. Here are the THREE pics I took.

Jeremy
Picture095-1.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

What do you all think anyway?

Thanks, yep. I am located in Logan, UT. 90 miles north of Slat Lake City.

Cool pics, too bad about the man hassling you though. Guess they thought you needed to know "who" is in charge. :rolleyes:

Cool pics, too bad about the man hassling you though. Guess they thought you needed to know "who" is in charge. :rolleyes:

That's exactly what it is. It must have been a slow day and they needed to flex. When in reality, they should have just left you alone and had a pose off between themselves.

Maybe something happened in the area and they were just collecting info. I agree, however, that they should have told you they were done. You hate to have to ask, but you could.
I am not in law enforcement in any way. However, I always try to support those who are and don't know what you'll do when they approach you.

Your car looks great against the mountains. I don't know much about photography, but I know cars look great right about a half hour before sunset.

I am not in law enforcement, either. Could have been a number of reasons for their interest. Rather than being so defensive (if there is a next time) why not try to engage them a little? After running your tag and ID they might have loosened up themselves. Ask them about their cop car, what do they think about the Dodge Chargers some dept. use, do they go to any car shows or have any interest, etc.

A couple years ago I had just bought a ragged out cop car off ebay and was driving it around with a cardboard tag (legal in Ga. for 30 days). Yup, got pulled over. Cop turned out real cool though and said he used to drive a car just like it and wanted to buy it off me! I didn't sell, I still drive it, and he still recognizes me and speaks whenever we see each other around town, Course I do live in a small town...

Anyhow, I couldn't see your pics. I will look at them tonight at home.
C

The whole innoceint untill proven guilty is crap, here you are minding your own business and your getting harrased by the popo? Come on! Talk about abusing your authority. The pics sure look like some crime scene dont they? Many an innoceint man has been locked up because of this. To all of the officers who are doing the right thing, thank you. I would not want your job. Very funny comment GTXperience on the pose off. LOL. Just like all cops aren't bad, niether are all humans. And never make any small talk with them, it can and will be used against you in a court of law. Always politely plead the 5th. Beautiful scenery and pics C_stripes. Hope I didn't piss off to many people.:-D

The question is, did you eat a ticket or two? Being eye balled is one thing, but getting lip and a/or a ticket is another.

I was cool to him, and he seemed alright. The thing that pissed me off is that I wanted to take more pics, but he was sitting there watching me. Then as soon as I left. He followed me for two miles and there was another cop on his way to where we were. I was there for less than 5 minutes before he pulled up. I understand that they have a job to do. But once you run your info. Leave. Don't just sit there and linger. What was I going to to. Go pic someones alfalfa?

I must say first that I'm not a cop. But seeing you car blocking the road in the middle of nowhere looked suspicious. Yes you may have been minding your own buisness or you could have been waiting for an ilegal "drop". You were in the middle of nowhere! The cops were only doing their job in checking out what was going on. Cops are people and how you react and treat them will determine how they will act with you. I know there are always some A$$ ole's out there but overall they are just regular people.
BTW car looks nice and you were right the backdrop is great!!

They may have been having problems with mobile meth labs. That's the new big thing from what I've been reading. Farmers have even been having their fertilizer chemicals stolen by these dirt bags and this farmer may have had some activity around his property.

They were most likely just doing their jobs. I would've asked if it was OK to take a few more pics of your car for a website and they would've most likely said why they were suspicious.

Of course, I'm a "The glass is half full" kind of guy and like to think the best of a situation.

I can see both sides here, your doing nothing wrong why bother me? And they have a job to do, again a job I would not want. Ramcharger I did not realize that was happening, but if there's crime in the city why not out on the farmland? Meth heads are everywhere. Yes, cops are just regular people, and I have known some stand up guys, but I have seen enough to always be on my guard. I have been handcuffed in the back of a police car during the summer and left in there without any air running and the car closed up. All from a he said she said deal. In the end I was innocent, and didn't matter how I acted or treated them, which was with total cooperation, I was still treated like a dog. Guilty till you prove yourself innocent. God Help America.

Well, that's the sad fact of life here in America these days.....especially now ehen the news media puts you on trial and convicts you before your trial is ever scheduled.........it's become the old "Napoleonic Code" such as in Mexico.

It really is "guilty until proven innocent" nowadays. They like to say there's a "presumption of innocence", but everything they do demonstrates otherwise.

............BUT, I'd still rather face a charge here than in any other country.

I just turned on the news to hear another Hillsborough County deputy arrested on excessive force charges. Fourth one in the last year. Yeah, there just regular people....with guns and clubs and cuffs. I,m glad justice was served.

No offense, but it is Utah, so what do you expect? I am all for the law (friends and family in law enforcement), but Utah is one state I do not trust.

The cops around here don't give me any trouble unless I am driving the Dart then they spin around and tail me to check the plates. I don't know why but that old Dodge realy gets there attention.

The cops around here don't give me any trouble unless I am driving the Dart then they spin around and tail me to check the plates. I don't know why but that old Dodge realy gets there attention.

No kidding man, one of my positive situations was when I was pulled over by a motercycle cop, I thought he was gonna bust my head open. Well he let me off with a warning because off my car, he knew where I worked due to the car being outfront everyday. haha I'm pretty sure it comes down to the who you know theory.

I live about 30 minutes south of C-stripes(depending on how you drive). I get followed and pulled over all the time. Even had a bicycle cop pull up in my driveway while I was getting out. Turns out he lives a few blocks away and has a mopar also. He just. Wanted to introduce himself and talk cars! Just comes with the territory when you drive classic muscle. Most are pretty cool but there are some that are just plain asses. The worst part is, now I'm always nervous about giving my friends rides and cleaning out the carbon!

From the looks of where you were at, I imagine someone called to check out the "suspicious" vehicle. I doubt that is a heavily patrolled area. As far as the second cop, it's probably just seeing what his fellow officer is doing.

He checked your ID, issued no citations and you post complaining about an officer....................Cops cant win, talk about thankless job

Agreed. As far as someone calling me in, I wasn't there long enough for that to have happened. I was there for maybe 5 minutes.

It's all good, I was just pissed last night. I took a ton of good pics today. So I am over it.

Picture110.jpg

Picture111.jpg

Picture117.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Very cool pics man.... we havent gotten pulled over for anything stupid yet or anything like that, but my dad got pulled over once and it turned out they just wanted to look at the car, parently somebody that knew him. Anyway, sorry they were hassling you for whatever reason. Mountains make a great backdrop for your pics btw.

Leaf spring shackles are illegal here in indiana as well as other states,lucky you didn't get towed and locked up:-D

-
Back