Will 318 valve covers fit on a 340?

-

340inabbody

Reaction score
I have my old 1970 318’s valve covers and wonder if they would fit on my 1973 340. So the more general question is are all LA engine valve covers conpatible? Stock valve trane btw.

Thanks

Yes, any LA valve cover will fit any LA head. Lots of people dress 318’s, 340’s and 360’s to look like a 273 Commando for that stealth look in early Darts, Caliants and Barracudas

All LA valve covers interchange as in they will bolt down.......spark plug wire routing may be different

I have my old 1970 318’s valve covers and wonder if they would fit on my 1973 340. So the more general question is are all LA engine valve covers conpatible? Stock valve trane btw.

Thanks
FWIW, even the Magnum valve covers will swap with the LA covers. The old Poly engines will not. But they also look very different. ;)

All LA valve covers interchange as in they will bolt down.......spark plug wire routing may be different
Is there a date code for any 340 valve covers? Mine are stamped either EM47 or E1147 near the wire loom. TIA

Is there a date code for any 340 valve covers? Mine are stamped either EM47 or E1147 near the wire loom. TIA

To be honest, never looked, never cared, I'm not into restoration..........though I would imagine that there is a date code, all part of production control.

To be honest, never looked, never cared, I'm not into restoration..........though I would imagine that there is a date code, all part of production control.
Just trying to help someone who is looking for them. Found out that the ones I have for sale here are 1969 (E). He's looking for (G).

They will bolt on, but there is a wire loom that keeps the alt wires away from the choke boss on the 340 covers. The intake is wider so the hot boss gets close to the wires.

-
Back