will front sway be enough

Suspension, Steering and Chassis

1. leblanc

leblanc member 2883

Local Time:
    2:24 AM
    I am putting a 360/300HP in my 76 Dart Sport which had a 6 before. It still has the 6 cyl suspension with 8 1/4 rear and I was wondering if a 1 1/8" front sway bar and no other mods to the torsion bars would work ok? I know it will help body roll for sure. Will this firm up the front enough? The car will be street driven, shown and cruises.
    What would be a good place to get a sway bar, price matters!

2. RedFish

RedFish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:24 AM
    You really should get some V8 torsion bars with or without the sway bar. They serve difference purposes. The \6 T bars will work but they'll be stressed.

3. C130 Chief

C130 Chief Mechanical Genius

Local Time:
    11:24 PM
    Sway bar won't firm the front end up much. Sure it'll help but .870 or larger bars will do more for ya. You've helped roll rate, but not wheel rate. If your car originally had a/c and power steering, you probably have the base V-8 (.850) bars already. Look at the numbers on the end of the bars.

4. dgc333

dgc333 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    I would recomend going to the .890 Big Block bars with the sway bar. I have this combo with a sb in my Barracuda with XHD leaf springs out back. A firm but well controlled ride that is not choppy. The car handles so much better than it did with the \6 and \6 suspension. Mine car came with heavy duty suspension so it had the .850 bars and 6 leaf rear springs and i don't consider that adequate for the 6 leat alone a sb.

5. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 So close, yet so far away FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    1:24 AM
    I'm not up on prices for sway bars, but these guys come highly recomended by MoPar and other fellas that I know.

http://www.swaybars.com/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.