will front sway be enough

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
I am putting a 360/300HP in my 76 Dart Sport which had a 6 before. It still has the 6 cyl suspension with 8 1/4 rear and I was wondering if a 1 1/8" front sway bar and no other mods to the torsion bars would work ok? I know it will help body roll for sure. Will this firm up the front enough? The car will be street driven, shown and cruises.
What would be a good place to get a sway bar, price matters!

You really should get some V8 torsion bars with or without the sway bar. They serve difference purposes. The \6 T bars will work but they'll be stressed.

Sway bar won't firm the front end up much. Sure it'll help but .870 or larger bars will do more for ya. You've helped roll rate, but not wheel rate. If your car originally had a/c and power steering, you probably have the base V-8 (.850) bars already. Look at the numbers on the end of the bars.

I would recomend going to the .890 Big Block bars with the sway bar. I have this combo with a sb in my Barracuda with XHD leaf springs out back. A firm but well controlled ride that is not choppy. The car handles so much better than it did with the \6 and \6 suspension. Mine car came with heavy duty suspension so it had the .850 bars and 6 leaf rear springs and i don't consider that adequate for the 6 leat alone a sb.

-
Back