Will motor mounts hold up??

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dad and i just got my 360 yesterday! As we were ripping it apart the question came about "would schumaker motor mounts be able to hold the horsepower and torque that we plan to push?" i dont want to buy the mounts and the parts needed to find out that they wont hold up. We are dropping the 360 in a 73 duster originally with a /6. swapping the k frame is kinda the other direction then we wanted to go to get the engine in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bob/Bryce

They will hold as much power as a stock mount. If you need something stronger they have a Magnum mount that has a bolt through it to keep it from ripping in half or you can buy one of there torque straps or replace the driver side mount with a solid mount.

dont think there will be a problem my cheap chinese stock replacement spooltype mounts lasts for a while before they ripped appart but with some hevy duty polyuretane inserts that i think the schumaker motor mounts already has there is no problems at all and i dont even have any extra suport for the enine like alot of other people have, this is with a bad street340 and hoosier or mickey thompson tires hooking pretty hard on the street....

i ripped a replacement mount within a week of my 318 going in. i run a solid drivers side motor mount and a rubber passenger with no ill effects or worrying :D

Have heard nothing but good things about Schumacher products.

Just swapped out motor mounts,wish I would have known about the solid mount on the drivers side.Pisses me off when I hear the "Hot Ticket" after the fact....... :scratch:

-
Back