Will my phone ring?

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
A while back (2years?) I spied an Orange Demon half hidden deep in a driveway. Couldn't see the nose so not sure what year it was. I need another car like a hole in my head but yesterday,I couldn't resist approaching the house and knocking on the door where this woman opened and let her Huge German Sheppard out at me. Luckily, he was friendly, and I didn't piss my pants. I apologized and asked about the Demon which now had a cover on it, and she said it was her husbands and he was at work. I asked if he had plans in the future to sell it and she said he is looking to sell it. I gave her my Number and now waiting to hear from him. If she is anything like my wife she would say they are all for sale lol. I had a 72 the same color when I just got out of High school and figured I would never have an opportunity to get another, but we'll see.

Last edited:
If it has been 2 years and no call; don’t expect “to be asked to the prom.”
Drop by again but this time do it on a different day. When he may be home.
Expect the owner to be meaner than the Sheppard (Lol!) and expect “no.” Honestly there are so many people possibly asking about the car, that they have forgotten about you BUT the situation may have changed and he may say yes once you go back. Sometimes I’ve had to go back 3,4 times to build a relationship before I have been given a “yes.” Then once I get the car, still stay connected. It is amazing who people know. Good luck!
Syleng1

I'd go back and get their number or at least see if it's still there. P.S. bring a few dog biscuits.

That same thing happens to me when I have mine outside for too long. Worth doing just to hear some of the offers, lol!

He won't call until he looks up the latest BJ auction prices.
Don't rush him, he knows what he's got!

If it has been 2 years and no call; don’t expect “to be asked to the prom.”
Drop by again but this time do it on a different day. When he may be home.
Expect the owner to be meaner than the Sheppard (Lol!) and expect “no.” Honestly there are so many people possibly asking about the car, that they have forgotten about you BUT the situation may have changed and he may say yes once you go back. Sometimes I’ve had to go back 3,4 times to build a relationship before I have been given a “yes.” Then once I get the car, still stay connected. It is amazing who people know. Good luck!
Syleng1
This happened yesterday. I saw the car 2 years ago but never acted on it.

All you can do is ask and you’ve now done that! Now it’s a waiting game.

Good luck to you. You've done about all that you can do at this point, so I hope they will give you a call. I did pretty much the same thing back in 1987 when I found a 71 Challenger convertible sitting in a cramped little shed near power lines I was having to work on. The people called me 2 years later, and I have owned the car since 1989! :)

I waited 5 years to get my convertible. My hardtop I left my name and number on and received a call 14 years later! It was a Slanty with a blown motor. My note said even if junk I'm interested.Good things come to those who wait.

-
Back