Will Not Start

-

moparwedden

Reaction score
I Have 12 Volts To The Positive Side Of The Coil But When I Hook Up The Negative Side It Drops Down Below 5 Volts. Ballast Is Getting Hot. Crank It Over Still Only 5 Volts. This Is Electronic Ignition With ECU Box. I Have A 72 440 Duster. The Engine Wiring Harness Is For Electronic Style With The Plug In For The ECU Box. I Have The Negative Side Hooked Up To The Black With Yellow Strip Like It's Suppose To From The Wiring Diagram For This Unit. Where Am I Going Wrong. I Also Have The Brown Going From The Ballast To The Positive Side Of Coil.

John my harness is new and electronic also from year one.I just went out and look black and yellow yes to - its a thin wire but I have a blue wire from ballast to my + side of coil and its a thicker wire.

John my harness is new and electronic also from year one.I just went out and look black and yellow yes to - its a thin wire but I have a blue wire from ballast to my + side of coil and its a thicker wire.
But My Wiring Harness Is For 73 Which Had Brown Thick Wire Instead Of Blue, Thanks Anyway.

-
Back