Will the Mopar Electronic Ignition Conversion Disable My Tach?

-

clifftt

Reaction score
I have a '66 Formula S with a factory tach. It uses the "tuna can" tach sending unit on the left kick panel under the dash.
My old dual-point distributor has a lot of side play, so I purchased the Mopar Electronic Ignition Conversion from Summit to replace it.
Has anyone installed this on a car with a factory tach? Does the tach still work? Or will that lead to another problem??
I appreciate your responses.

I have a '66 Formula S with a factory tach. It uses the "tuna can" tach sending unit on the left kick panel under the dash.
My old dual-point distributor has a lot of side play, so I purchased the Mopar Electronic Ignition Conversion from Summit to replace it.
Has anyone installed this on a car with a factory tach? Does the tach still work? Or will that lead to another problem??
I appreciate your responses.
The tach is triggered by the coil (-) terminal, it does not matter if that happens with points or the transistor used in the electronic ignition. The dual points just makes with one, opens with other, to extend dwell over what is done with single point. The electronic has extended dwell too, so no loss of ignition energy, perhaps even better without point bounce, and need for condenser.

-
Back