Will these leaf springs work

-
Yes, but...
If you use the main leaf you will need to change out (or drill out) the front bracket. The '74 uses a larger front eye bushing with a larger diameter bolt.
C

All I have is chappy leafs old super stock springs in the car. I bought leaf springs that came off a 74 duster. I don't have a bigger bolt.

Did you get the front bracket with the '74 springs? A bolt can be had at any good hardware store, Lowes, Ace, etc. Just need a grade 8 bolt & nut.
Since the springs in the car are Super Stock replacements, it might already have been switched to the larger bolt size...
C

all I have is the leaf springs them selves. the mounting points are still on the 72 duster and trying to basically unbolt leafs in there. and put in leafs from a 74.

the car has some kind of crappy leaf spring setup in there. 7 leafs or so on 1 side 8 on another, don't know what their out of or from. ones im putting in are a stock replaces ment 5 spring

It might be a simple swap. You will just have to drop the front bracket to see what you have.
C

Just to let everyone know everything fit perfect. new springs had a little more of an arch than the old ones so we had to move the rear up 1/4 inch, that's about it sits 2 inches lower now. it sits lower now that it has settled than seen in picture
1395805_10151865791979565_2138274655_n.jpg

1472913_10151868135214565_1337230034_n.jpg

I finally got around to using them. wasn't planning on putting them on until the winter but after getting motor back together I blew out 2 shocks and bent the leaf spring that was in the car.

I blew out 2 shocks and bent the leaf spring that was in the car.

Huh???
And, how did you move the rear up 1/4"? Were there some spacers installed between the front spring bracket and the frame? Your wheel and tire looks pretty centered in there, making me think there was.
I don't know how you could bend a leaf spring if it was installed correctly.
C

the leafsprings have been in the car for awhile. the clamp that goes around the leafs snapped off and it bent on the arch. you cant really install a leaf spring wrong it bolts in two places and has a center guide nub. we unbolted the rear from both leaf pack suspended the rear because the car was in the air and the rear was suspended on two turn jacks. so we moved the rear forward to move into the guide pin on the new set of leaf springs and then bolted everything. the newsprings had a a different arch as to why we had to move the rear forward and once the car sat on the ground it settled back to where it sat before

-
Back