Will they work? Or is it even worth it?

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
I have a set of 587 heads sitting in the garage, bare. I also have a set of .100+ longer chevy valves that are 2.05/1.6, bought them a long time ago. Lastly, I have a set of comp springs/10 degree locks/titanium retainers that match my cam. Is it worth it to have the seats cut/guides done/deck cut to clean it up, and port them myself?

They would be going on my stroker. 422/solid comp 250/254, .548/.533, 904 with 3300ish stall, 3.23 rear gears. With my pistons and 65cc heads, my compression is about 11.6. I would like to get it down to 11 or less, and I think I may be able to do that when I unshroud for the larger valves, etc. Tti step headers, Victor 340 intake, 850 dp. Crane gold race rockers.

I wouldn't have alot of money in them, but even still, would they be able to support this engine?

If you do a good job of porting, it would be well worth it.

I'm not a pro, and I don't have any access to a flow bench, but I've ported a few sets of heads, not all mopar, and they have always made big improvements on the engines! lol. My old 360 picked up almost half a sec in the quarter with just my porting and a windage tray (which I doubt helped much, it didn't spin past 5500). I just wonder if it would choke my engine? Thanks IQ52!

-
Back