Will this trans bolt up to my /6

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just ran into this to day and I am hoppeing a member can help with my search
to be sure it will bolt up to my slant 6 (1966 170) I have in my car now!! :blob:
Any help sure would be good at this time :color:
So if you have time please look http://memphis.craigslist.org/pts/4647337261.html

Just ran into this to day and I am hoppeing a member can help with my search
to be sure it will bolt up to my slant 6 (1966 170) I have in my car now!!
Any help sure would be good at this time
So if you have time please look at this A833
http://memphis.craigslist.org/pts/4647337261.html

Yes, "but"

doesn't yours use a slip yoke instead of the rear flange drive shaft? You'd have to get a new driveshaft made

Don't know about your floor...............

Yes, "but"

doesn't yours use a slip yoke instead of the rear flange drive shaft? You'd have to get a new driveshaft made

Don't know about your floor...............

Getting a drive shaft and doing the floor up right will not be a problem :cheers:
WOW!! This sure is great news :D Thanks you again many times 67Dart273 :cheers:
This trans is just 10 miles from my house and I hope it checks out to be what I could use and keep my 170 /6 :color:

First, what a deal! You will need a bell housing that is for a 4-speed or a newer one that had the dual 3 & 4 speed bolt locations. The tail shaft is that ball and trunion style so you need to change or modify your driveshaft. But the shifter and linkage will work, I think your z-bar will work too...and of course, you'll need a floor hump....:burnout:

Yep what he said. Save yourself time and money give brewers a call. I did a auto to newer 4 speed swap on my slant in my 66. Give me a pm if you need specifics. Nice find!

So it will indeed slide into my 170 crank ? wow, seems this has been a problem for me because it's a 170/ , I can't put an auto 904 in it from what I have been told, something to do with the TC not being able to fit the 170/ crank and there is no adapters to do it.. confusing, I sent an email to the owner and I think the shifter and linkage is worth it.

Thank you 66340SEDAN and 66Dartdriver.

Yes I know about the bell housing and I agree it is a steal of a deal if he still has it, I emailed him, we will see and thank you all very much :cheers:

What trans is in it now? My 66 crank accepts a 904 or 3 speed manual and the mid 70 s 4 speed I have in it now. Advice is good but until You see it for yourself that it fits or doesn't you don't know. IMO that is a great price and my guess for what it is worth it SHOULD fit. You just won't know till you get in there.

It will work, but the transmission is incorrect for Victoria. She should have a slip yoke trans.

It will work, but the transmission is incorrect for Victoria. She should have a slip yoke trans.
Your right she does have a slip Yoke trans RRR, I will tell the truth, I went out and looked just to make sure :D Treva said I need to relax a bit :D getting to happy makes me dizzy headed she said, Thanks, I am still waiting a reply for him :color:
I will jump in the car and see him tomorrow if he gets back to me :cheers:

I thought you were going to put a 360 in the car.

The bell housing won't work on a slant six.

My apologies, did not notice the bell. I was only looking at the gearbox. But for that money you can just sell the bell. Even if you used the bell for a Boat Anchor it would still be a good buy!!

Maybe I should've said "bolt in after a fashion"

It will work fine and is priced great. If you decide to sell the bell at a good price I would be interested in it. I have seen the shifter and rods for these bring 200 alone.

I thought you were going to put a 360 in the car.
Yes I am RustyRatRod, I can't bolt an auto to this darn 170 /6 I have know is what I am seeing.
The 4 speed would be great becouse it will except a floor shifter :color: and this would
motivate me to keep my /6 maybe. It's going to be saved if I hear from him :coffee2: and this would be groovy
behind my 360 :coffee2:

It will work fine and is priced great. If you decide to sell the bell at a good price I would be interested in it. I have seen the shifter and rods for these bring 200 alone.
You are first in line Chryslerfat . Yes, that's what I thought about the shifter aswell.

What trans is in it now? My 66 crank accepts a 904 or 3 speed manual and the mid 70 s 4 speed I have in it now. Advice is good but until You see it for yourself that it fits or doesn't you don't know. IMO that is a great price and my guess for what it is worth it SHOULD fit. You just won't know till you get in there.
I have the 3 speed on the tree, do you have the 66 model 170 /6 ?
Dang I wish a /6 904 automatic like that would fit up to mine :banghead:

I have the 3 speed on the tree, do you have the 66 model 170 /6 ?
Dang I wish a /6 904 automatic like that would fit up to mine :banghead:

It will. All you need is the small register flexplate and converter from a '67 or older slant...

lol 2465523 casting # bellhousing is for a 9.5 122 tooth flywheel. tranny needs 4th gear replaced see deep pits in photo. tranny is also a 3.09 to 1 1st gear set trans. lots of desireable real estate in those pics and worth way more than asking price.

It will. All you need is the small register flexplate and converter from a '67 or older slant...

Are we sure about this, I have bern told two different stories about the
elusive parts that must be frowned to mat a 170 crank shaft to a 904 not push button trans.
Hens teeth to find ! Remember this is a 170 not a 225 or 198.
No 66340SEDAN. He has not replyed back to me .

-
Back