Will this Tuff Wheel adapter work ?

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Considering putting a Grant Classic Nostalgia Tuff Wheel on the 68 Barracuda.
I have read several posts here at FABO that the Grant adapter part number 4313 will put the steering wheel too close to the dash and the best fit is with using an OE style Tuff Wheel adapter. Will this aftermarket one work on my 68 Barracuda with the Grant #846 Tuff Wheel?

E-Body Parts and Restoration (Dodge, Plymouth, Mopar Restoration) (themoparshop.com)

I noticed that it says '70 and up, is that because 1970 is when the Tuff Wheel became available?
I will also put a post up in the wanted section is case someone has an OE adapter they will part with.

1970 is when the column diameter went to a larger outside diameter where the steering wheel attaches to in 1970 because of the locking column with ignition key in it. It may fit the steering shaft splines wise but it will be a lot larger diameter than your 69 down steering column.

Last edited:
1970 is when the column diameter went to a larger outside diameter where the steering wheel attaches to in 1970 because of the locking column with ignition key in it. It may fit the steering shaft splines wise but it will be a lot larger diameter than your 69 down steering column.

Hey Guys,
Its easily done.

See pics of mine.

dscn5382-jpg.jpg

dscn5381-jpg.jpg

I'm betting a factory mopar adaptor, no modifications, direct bolt on. It will stick up a bit higher than the stock column diameter.

I seem to recall that Ehrenberg in Mopar Action did an article on adapting Tuff wheels in earlier cars about 3-5 yrs ago.

Your profile photo shows a second generation Barracuda. Did you modify the adapter to make it fit? How? Did you use an aftermarket or a mopar OE adapter and do you think they are the same?
Thanks

I used an a-body tuff wheel adapter that I bought on here. I purchased the tuff wheel on ebay, installed on stock column using the same keyway in the spline . It sits about 1 inch closer to the driver than stock Cancellation switch works , horn works. I also replaced the plain horn button with a button with the " fish" in the center that came with the 70's Cudas . Looks factory!!

-
Back