will this work with my 8-3/4?

-

mshred

The Green Manalishi
Reaction score
hey guys, in the process of doing my axle swap from the 7-1/4 to 8-3/4 and was wondering about parts interchangability on something...I was wondering if the bracket that sits under the spring and the lower shock bolt attaches to that is from my 7-1/4 can be used on my 8-3/4 setup, or if i need to buy a new plate...I would greatly appreciate any replies as im trying to get the rearend done quite soon and would like to know if i need to order parts

hey guys, in the process of doing my axle swap from the 7-1/4 to 8-3/4 and was wondering about parts interchangability on something...I was wondering if the bracket that sits under the spring and the lower shock bolt attaches to that is from my 7-1/4 can be used on my 8-3/4 setup, or if i need to buy a new plate...I would greatly appreciate any replies as im trying to get the rearend done quite soon and would like to know if i need to order parts
Your gonna need 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 shock plates also new u-bolts.The 7 1/4 plates and bolts are to small.Hope this helps.

Your gonna need 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 shock plates also new u-bolts.The 7 1/4 plates and bolts are to small.Hope this helps.

hey scott, thanks for the info! i figured i would need new u bolts for sure (mine are broken anyways)..as far as the shock plates go, do you have a part number for them or is there a certain year and model of car that i can go to the parts counter and ask for shock plates for? id like to try to get this done asap...finishing off the spring relo tommoro and want to get the rear all buttoned up and measure for wheels...thanks!

No I dont have any part #,s,73up Dart,Duster V8,s with 8 1/4 maybe?CarQuest has been a good parts source.If they don,t have them,they,ll get them the next day.Or NAPA?That,s where I,ve found most of my rear swap hardware.Good Luck!

its not a matter of where i get it from as i have a hookup for this stuff, i just need to know what vehicle they are off of if i dont have a part number...i guess i will give the 73 and up 8-1/4 cars a try...thanks for the link with the part numbers tony, much appreciated!

-
Back