Status
Not open for further replies.

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
Some have a multi user license that still has some activations left, Ill purchase one if available. Any version will work. PM me

Google windows 10 free upgrade. At one time it was free to all. Then they extended it to people with disabilities. There is no special check of a disability. Visual mental physical all qualify. If it is still available I'm not suggesting you do anything dishonest. Just letting you know what was available at one time.

The Assistive Technologies upgrade offer ended on January 16, 2018, but thanks for the tip.

I've seen a few cheap used PC's at thrift stores lately, like 10 or 20 bucks.

The last one was win 8 with 8 GB of RAM.

Might be worth a check.

The problem with I think 8 and 10 both is that newer machines have the code imbedded into the bios. I don't think anyone has cracked that at least reliably. You cannot extract the code from the software like you once could. So if you buy an old machine for the "license" you are at a dead end if the machine quits They don't come with product key stickers anymore.

Early win10 machines can still have a sticker.

But you're right the last few batches for the last, IDK 4 years have been embedded licenses.

Well, I may pull the trigger on an Ebay $3.10 Corp win10 license digital download from (gasp) Ho Chi Minh city! Ha, capitalism in Veet-Nam? Way to stick it to the commie gubment of old Ho! I skipped my coffee this morning so im up 3 bucks.

Google windows 10 free upgrade. At one time it was free to all. Then they extended it to people with disabilities. There is no special check of a disability. Visual mental physical all qualify. If it is still available I'm not suggesting you do anything dishonest. Just letting you know what was available at one time.

That disability thing is a huge loophole for Mopar guys. We're all mentally disabled because we're the brainiacs who spend more on a water pump than chevy guys spend on a set of aluminum heads...

tried in on a legit Win8.1 laptop. Upgraded fine except the 8.1 key was not accepted. Had to resort to the web to get an 8.1 key and now the Win10 is asking me to activate with nag text in lower right corner. Kinda figured it would go this way...

From C-net's website

"It should be noted that if you have a Windows 7 or 8 Home license, you can only update to Windows 10 Home..." perhaps you installed pro on a home license?

Also in past windows 95 thru win7 you couldn't use a factory install CD with a non factory CD key and visa versa. I know Win 10 is a different type install now so who knows. You might have to brake down and shell out the $139 to MS. OR better yet get a new PC, old windows 8.1 machine is probably on the slow side now! during the sales a new machine can be has for a few hundred dollars and is probably faster.

"..Actually Windows 10 setup automatically detects the edition type of previously installed Windows version in your computer and then it installs the corresponding edition of Windows 10. For example, if you had Windows 7 Home or Windows 8/8.1 core edition installed in your computer previously, Windows 10 setup will automatically install Windows 10 core (Home) edition in your computer.."

The activation says Win10 Pro was installed with media creator....

Maybe I had a bootleg 8.1 pro to begin with? Bought laptop used. Never gave me a activation error. Oh well.

Last edited:
tried in on a legit Win8.1 laptop. Upgraded fine except the 8.1 key was not accepted. Had to resort to the web to get an 8.1 key and now the Win10 is asking me to activate with nag text in lower right corner. Kinda figured it would go this way...

My Super at work claims he's been using "nagger" W10 for months. Evidently it keeps working, just nags you??

I've updated at least 6 Windows 7 or Windows 8 computers to windows 10 for free. If you install the right version (home or pro) and hit "I don't have a license key" when installing from a USB stick, it will go out to the internet, check for your original license, and activate. Chances are you had Windows 8 home.

If you do need a good laptop for cheap, go on ebay and buy an HP Probook 650 G1 or an HP Probook 640 G1 with a Core-i5 processor, solid state hard drive and 8 gb of ram (though they are easy to upgrade since the entire bottom of the computer slides off). For under $200, its hard to get a better computer. My family and friends have 7 of them combined. It's a corporate computer so they pretty much all came with Win 7 or Win 8 pro. They also have DVD-RW drives, good wifi, speakers aren't terrible, and the batteries also usually last.

if the previous version is already activated, the windows 10 install will be activated when it gets online. so if you did a fresh install of the old version, do the network drivers, get online and active, then do the upgrade.

I got a decent laptop, Samsung NP700Z netbook w/i7 quad core, 8gb, 1TB HDD w/8g SSD cache drive. Im just trying to make it a little more valuable to sell with Win10 on it plus W10 has a better SSD cache support.

If you do need a good laptop for cheap, go on ebay and buy an HP Probook 650 G1 or an HP Probook 640 G1 with a Core-i5 processor, solid state hard drive and 8 gb of ram (though they are easy to upgrade since the entire bottom of the computer slides off). For under $200, its hard to get a better computer. ...

Yes, not bad at all.
HP ProBook 650 G1 i5 15.6" Windows 10 Laptop

I've updated at least 6 Windows 7 or Windows 8 computers to windows 10 for free. If you install the right version (home or pro) and hit "I don't have a license key" when installing from a USB stick, it will go out to the internet, check for your original license, and activate. Chances are you had Windows 8 home.

If you do need a good laptop for cheap, go on ebay and buy an HP Probook 650 G1 or an HP Probook 640 G1 with a Core-i5 processor, solid state hard drive and 8 gb of ram (though they are easy to upgrade since the entire bottom of the computer slides off). For under $200, its hard to get a better computer. My family and friends have 7 of them combined. It's a corporate computer so they pretty much all came with Win 7 or Win 8 pro. They also have DVD-RW drives, good wifi, speakers aren't terrible, and the batteries also usually last.

Another rock solid laptop is the Thinkpads T4 and T5 stuff. I have a couple of T420s and use and have 3 T520s. These have a "swap bay" into which you can stick a hd adapter or DVD drive or second battery. Also "it turns out" you can put way more ram in the thing than is documented, AND they have an "normall unused" cellular card slot into which you can but a miniature SSD (I don't remember the exact term).

success! Downloaded a Win10 Home 1 language ISO (it fit on 1 DVD) as I couldnt seem to force a win10 home 'media creator' 'USB stick. After installing it off the DVD (jeez, another thread right there!) I got a UK version that I changed the time and keyboard to US and I put in my old Win8 key---Voila! "Your Windows version is registered"! I believe I had a win8 home on the laptop and the media creator thought I had a win8 pro so it kept downloading the Win10 pro that my key would not work on.
This UK version seems to have a light gray task bar and background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back