Window channel felt installation

-

512Stroker

We are all here because we are not all there.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a pair of window channels for my 67 Barracuda.
This is the felt liner that goes in the glass channel that is in between the wing window and the crank up glass in the doors. It guides the crank up glass in the front channel.
Well, no instructions came with the channel liners and I have no idea how they go in.
The kit came with some small/long white plastic pieces and tiny steel pins.
Anybody ever installed these, tips, videos, prays, etc would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Glass Channel Weatherstrip Instructions 1.jpg

Glass Channel Weatherstrip Instructions 2.jpg

Glass Channel Weatherstrip Instructions 3.jpg

Glass Channel Weatherstrip Instructions 4.jpg

These are the only instructions available.

The manufacturers do not supply instructions with the parts they produce.....

I have searched the internet for instructions on this....they do not exist.

But you might peruse the "Member's Restorations" forum here on this board because I'm sure somebody else has run into this as well.

Don't quote me on this but I think there is a few rivets in the channel that will have to be removed to remove the old felt. then reverse the process. (I am assuming that the felt you have is in a u shaped channel already)

I have searched the internet for instructions on this....they do not exist.

But you might peruse the "Member's Restorations" forum here on this board because I'm sure somebody else has run into this as well.
With all due respect.
You guy's sold this product you should do the research for installation and provide it with the shipment. For what I $paid for these they should fricking install themselves.

Don't quote me on this but I think there is a few rivets in the channel that will have to be removed to remove the old felt. then reverse the process. (I am assuming that the felt you have is in a u shaped channel already)
I will try to get some pic's in the morning, it's weird.

1.Remove the old channels if you haven't done so and discard them
2. The new felt channels are held in place with the white plastic "T" clips and the pins; the channels fit over the window glass and the pins and white clips sandwhich the glass and orient the the glass in the channel.
3 You need to place the new felt channels on the glass, mark where the holes in the glass are and then punch corresponding holes in the new felt channels. I used a belt hole punch to do mine.
4. The end product will be a a white clip on the out side of the channel, the pin though the hole in the glass and through both sides of the channel and another white clip on the other side of the felt channel. The pin joins the two white clips
5. All of that rides in the channel, the felt moves up and down with the glass.
hope that helps

Last edited:
You will need to trim the end, punch the holes and cut to length.
I had my originals to pattern (sort of), it is a little difficult to see but there is a hole about an inch from the end.
I was able to use a standard office single hole punch (palm style), you will need to pinch the trim to get it in.
Keep in mind the Left/Right once you start working on them.

Alan

2008-06-05_002.jpg

Subscribed. I've got all new rubber and felt for my doors that I've been putting off installing for some time now, but now I am getting even more tired of the windows rattling and the wind whistling.

I've replaced these forward channel runs a few times. I can't offer more info than a factory service manual does. All car parts include complete instructions... On what planet?

1.Remove the old channels if you haven't done so and discard them
2. The new felt channels are held in place with the white plastic "T" clips and the pins; the channels fit over the window glass and the pins and white clips sandwhich the glass and orient the the glass in the channel.
3 You need to place the new felt channels on the glass, mark where the holes in the glass are and then punch corresponding holes in the new felt channels. I used a belt hole punch to do mine.
4. The end product will be a a white clip on the out side of the channel, the pin though the hole in the glass and through both sides of the channel and another white clip on the other side of the felt channel. The pain joins the two white clips
5. All of that rides in the channel, the fit moves up and down with the glass.
hope that helps

Just to add to the info already provided by the responding members.. Be very careful when cutting or punching holes through the new channel guides. Don't make the holes by forcing a sharp object through the guides , use a punch or, the hot tip of a soldering iron (ask me how I know LOL !! ) The material they are made of is not the same as the originals and will tear very easily rendering the part useless. Do not throw out the old part until you have used it to mark the location holes and length of the new one. Both
sides are not necessarily the same so use the left and right old parts as templates for your new parts.
I don't feel the quality of these parts is as good as the originals but its all we've got so we have to make do. BTW the same part is offered by different vendors. On a positive note, once its installed it works perfectly !!

I've replaced these forward channel runs a few times. I can't offer more info than a factory service manual does. All car parts include complete instructions... On what planet?
I understand very few parts come with installation instructions, it just really pissed me off when I was informed I had to find them

I never saw this as something that needed instructions, snip, snip, punch, punch, install, repeat.

Alan

With all due respect.
You guy's sold this product you should do the research for installation and provide it with the shipment. For what I $paid for these they should fricking install themselves.

You SERIOUSLY need to re-think what you posted

When I got these and saw they needed to be fit to the car I didn't think twice about what was needed, the parts spoke for themselves, cut to fit glass, trim end for clearance (match notch in glass, at top), locate and punch holes.

Even without the old parts I do not see an issue.

I think the entire process took less than 20 minutes.

Alan

-
Back