Window regulators and inner door mechs, Help needed.

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Putting 67 cuda back together, all the guts were all ready out. If anyone can post an exploded view or where to find a good one , Would be awesome ! Thanks AL.

Hey Al, I have a complete loaded 67 door. I also posted pics of it a while back as reference. I'll see if I can find it.

Pics of my 69 doors may be a bit better cuz the inner structure has been hacked away (not by me stupid pricks) but makes easier for pics.

I hope to explain properly. This is my 69 pass door. You can see 2 rods running horizontally. One is in a cloth and one is bare steel.
The bare steel running on a 45 goes from door latch to where my finger is pointing. There is a bracket in behind panel, where it connects to. (Finger point)From that bracket there is another rod that runs up to lock knob. I'll leave it at that for now. Hope that makes sense?
Lay out yer door pieces and take a pic.
***EDIT***
**Forgot to add that the horizontal rod in cloth runs from door latch to interior door handle**

20190920_151314.jpg

20190920_151501.jpg

20190920_153235.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll post a link to mopar parts manuals Saturday night when I get home for you.

One more pic for now. Showing S hook. This runs from ext door handle down to door latch and has identical clips at each end.
Keep in mind this is 69. If you want 67 we can start over with different pics?

20190920_152441.jpg

Got the R/S 1/4 in. . PITA. L/S should go better now that I have it figured out.

Hang in there , mine was taken apart by the previous owner , I had never done it before , it was a ***** for me , and still not totally happy with the fitments .

This is great! I am just starting to re-assemble my doors and quarter windows.
71079545-D04E-4FE4-8E7C-AA0708551620.jpeg
10DDA41C-7C17-4758-8AD3-7EA052045744.jpeg

For what its worth.... My 67 drivers door regulator had a lot of wobble and lost motion at the winder handle. Some binding also. I went to parts yard, pulled the interior panel from the rear door of a 75 Valiant. drilled out 3 rivets and took that drive bearing assembly. Used some of its parts to renew mine. Works like new.

I have about5 doors worth of regulators and latch assemblies so I can pick the best one. Still need a few new rollers and misc components though.

The idea to use the parts book diagram is Good thinking ... I forget that I have them.

Now to figure out the sequence of what to do first, second etc. Do I install lock rods and latch assemblies before or after window tracks ... and so forth.

Now to figure out the sequence of what to do first, second etc. Do I install lock rods and latch assemblies before or after window tracks ... and so forth.
With window rolled up I have managed to disconnect rods/linkages from the latch and removed it but it would have been much easier if that track wasn't in the way. I think latch, linkages to can openers, etc.. first, then tracks regulator, next, cat whiskers last, will be the way to go.
There's a eccentric stop on the regulator that will let the glass go farther down into the door. Makes cat whisker install easier. So glass alignment and travel stops set, is last.

Careful with the 67 lock rod clip. Talking about the one for the rod that goes up for unlocking and locking the door from the inside of the car.
This seems to be a one year only clip.
Missing the d/s one on mine..

Never understood why people remove all those mechanisms to begin with....
Unless they don't function or operate....I get it.

Got the L/S in yesterday, wasn't any easier. Lol.
Going on a road trip for about a month, so will get back to this later.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Careful with the 67 lock rod clip. Talking about the one for the rod that goes up for unlocking and locking the door from the inside of the car.

Do you have an image of that clip ? I have taken many doors apart and never throw out a clip.

Never understood why people remove all those mechanisms to begin with....
Unless they don't function or operate....I get it.

I had my body stripped to bare metal. The components wouldnt have faired well if I left them in.

Do you have an image of that clip ? I have taken many doors apart and never throw out a clip.
'fraid not.
I might have a sketch somewhere based on what I could see of the passenger side. I'll look through old notes and files this week and see if I can find it.

Are you talking the one where my finger is pointing in my 3rd pic? Altho I'm using 69 door as reference.

Are you talking the one where my finger is pointing in my 3rd pic? Altho I'm using 69 door as reference.

Steve, I recall it being on a bellcrank, so maybe that is the spot. Except as you say, on a 67 thats placed further back?
I think I made a sketch in a spiral notebook. I'll look there first.

-
Back