Window roller

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Hello
I wanted to see if there is a kit for my 71 dart window. My window comes out from the window channel. I have to pick the window everytime I close the door. Any info would be great.
Thanks

20210912_164902.jpg

20210912_164857.jpg

I don't believe that is for missing rollers. There are two pins that go through the glass and hold a sliding weatherstrip which you seen to be missing. The "A" frame and glass need to be removed to be replaced. The pins and sliding W/S are available.

glass channel run, last I heard they are sold out everywhere. Good hunting

On my A body the holes in the glass are at the bottom of the window and never show when the window is up

glass run channel is back in stock from new manufacturer. I got mine from MR Moparts. I heard some scuttle butt about problems but I was desperate (waiting 5 months to put my door back together). It was really tight when first installed, but rolling it up and down for a couple weeks got it loosened up and almost rolling as easy as I want. The kit comes with the run material (has to be cut for application) plus 4 of the plastic pieces and 2 metal posts to go in between each pair(which is what the OP is missing). That is not to say that bad rollers couldn't have been what broke the original pieces. Here is the installed piece on the glass, but you can't see the clips as they are inside the seal. Here's the bad news for the OP - to replace those plastic pieces you have to take the whole side window/vent window assembly out of the door. The glass with seal goes into the channel in the vent assembly from the bottom.

DSC01858.JPG

This shows the clips
DSC01855.JPG
DSC01856.JPG

Here's the whole assembly ready to go back it (definitely a 2 person job).
DSC01859.JPG

Better picture of plastic piece in the seal. Two of these in a set (one from each side) held together with a metal pin trapped between them. One set at top of glass (hole seen in OP picture and another near the bottom of the glass) - 4 plastic pieces and 2 pins per window. This stuff is only sold in sets for both sides and whole kit is a bit more than $100. I would not go through all the work of taking this stuff out and then getting it in and adjusted without replacing the whole kit for one side. I have a couple of used plastic pieces and they are hard and brittle - could break at any time and then here we go again...

DSC01857.JPG

-
Back