Window stop adjustment

-

BobW

Curmudgeon At Large
Reaction score
Is the window regulator stop adjustor the slotted bolt w/locknut next to the crank? The illustration in the manual is unclear to me. My window stops about 3/4" below the top of the door.
Also, the slotted adjustment below that appears to adjust a bracket that rests against the window when it's down. The bracket looks like it should have a rubber bumper of some sort, 2nd pic. Are the rubber pieces available?

window stop2.jpg

window stop.jpg

Yes the screw with flat head slot and jamb nut is a cam thing that limits regulator travel.
I dont know about the rubber bumper differences. My 67 has whats not much more than a piece of bicycle inner tube in it.

The drivers side window on my Duster used to stop too low and would catch on the wisker strip. I found it was missing the rubber stop block in the bottom of the door (approx 1-1/2" square block of rubber). I added it from an extra door that I had and it works fine now. I'm not sure if yours is designed the same way, or not, but thought I would mention if.

Yes the screw with flat head slot and jamb nut is a cam thing that limits regulator travel.
I dont know about the rubber bumper differences. My 67 has whats not much more than a piece of bicycle inner tube in it.
Thanks @RedFish , I didn't want to just start moving things without knowing.
As for the lower bracket, without any rubber on it the metal will 'almost' come up against the glass. I have some 1/4" closed cell neoprene I can glue on it. It appears it acts as a stabilizer of sorts when the window is down.

-
Back