Window weather strip and seals

-

Daniel J Thurston

Reaction score
Hi i am wondering if anyone knows if i could purchase is a complete window seal kit for my 70 duster with all the window and door/roof seals. I am not sure if i have to buy them individually it would be easier as a kit also what brand should i use/ not use. Any information would help thanks.
~~Dan-0~~

Hey Dan, contact D.M.T. they have everything that you are looking for, you can go to their site and they even have an ebay store, great people too. The real name is Detroit Muscle Technologies ...check em out....Rich

Hi i am wondering if anyone knows if i could purchase is a complete window seal kit for my 70 duster with all the window and door/roof seals. I am not sure if i have to buy them individually it would be easier as a kit also what brand should i use/ not use. Any information would help thanks.
~~Dan-0~~
Detroit Muscle Technologies has high quality products, and you can find high quality seals here too.

I'd like to piggyback here a little - how are the window seals around the doors replaced?
The cars with frames around the door glass, like sedans, are glued (3M Super weatherstrip adhesive) or just pop into place, no fasteners. If you are referring to the door seal ends, which help seal the door glass at the ENDS of the door seals, they are held in place by screws that are usually supplied with the seals. The rest of the door seals (around the perimeter of the door) are held in place by little plastic clips, mostly white in color. If you mean the ones at the top of the door that seal the door glass from rain & debris from entering the top part of the door & clean the glass somewhat, called "cat whiskers" or window sweeps, they are usually held in place with metal clips that slide down the into slots in the top inner flanges of the door. Hope this helps somewhat.

We have a member here, @RPM440+6 who handles all things interior. Maybe he can help. His name is Richard. Really good guy.

-
Back