Windshield gaskets

-
Precision Replacement parts is the only CORRECT OEM mfg for the gaskets AND MYLAR lockstrip. Lots of retailers for these pieces.
Do your research before buying.

Sorry to disagree. 67 is one year only and requires the mylar lockstrip. The gaskets are unique(1 year only) as well.
Although Steele gaskets may be "good' quality, they and their tacky trim are nowhere near the quality or looks of OEM, which Precision is.
Unless Steele has made recent changes?? Didnt they have financial issues as well?
***EDIT*** Maybe their gaskets and trim for other years are good, but I just checked their site and 67 cuda and dart gaskets are different. One giveaway that their trim is wrong is they show it coiled up. You cant do that with mylar lockstrip.
Steele rubber is the best

Last edited:
S
Sorry to disagree. 67 is one year only and requires the mylar lockstrip. The gaskets are unique(1 year only) as well.
Although Steele gaskets may be "good' quality, they and their tacky trim are nowhere near the quality or looks of OEM, which Precision is.
Unless Steele has made recent changes?? Didnt they have financial issues as well?
***EDIT*** Maybe their gaskets and trim for other years are good, but I just checked their site and 67 cuda and dart gaskets are different. One giveaway that their trim is wrong is they show it coiled up. You cant do that with mylar lockstrip.
o where do I get the rubber and clips? I looked on the precision website and don’t see it?

Pretty sure there is a thread here on this forum, I remember them saying to us a 1968 rubber gasket and again the same for the clips and use the same windshield molding for the 68 also. But you have to drill holes for the clips for they require screws to hold the clips. The windshield gasket you can get at Steel Rubber products, and for the moldings and for the clips you buy the whole set and screws at Classic Industries, there are other places if you wish....

What clips? 67 doesnt use clips. The plastic mylar gets inserted into the gasket. Only metal are the corner pieces, which are available new as well as the gasket from Precision. Call Joel at Precision.
Hers a link from a thread on here
67 dart windshield trim/seal?
S

o where do I get the rubber and clips? I looked on the precision website and don’t see it?

67's were one year only gaskets both front and rear. sad to say they are nearly impossible to find. they consist of a chrome plastic locking strip and polished stainless corner peices. you may be able to save some greif and use the 68 and later gasket which is a rope in style that uses chrome trim kept in place with clips. means you have to weld in clip mounts before gasket goes in, but they are way easier to find both used and aftermarket and replace if ever damaged or broken.
sorry man, 67 was a suck year for pitman arms and glass trim.

@4spdragtop, thanks man you found the post for me. I am saying that IF he cannot find the parts he needs.... he can go this route.....

No problem dice. Our 67 cuda still has OEM setup and has slight leaks front and rear. To buy new mylar costs almost the same as swapping everything over to 68 and up style(ss trim, new gaskets, clips and labor to R&I both windshields)
@4spdragtop, thanks man you found the post for me. I am saying that IF he cannot find the parts he needs.... he can go this route.....

Last summer I had a new windshield & gasket installed (40+ years of wear & tear took their toll on it) as well as having the back glass's gasket replaced. The glass company I went to (Henderson Glass) likes SteeleRubber's products, so that's where I ordered from.

Foe the members recommending Steele, I'm curious if your experience with them is for 67 model year? If so post pics please?
1st pic is from Steele site, see how the shitty trim is coiled?? Dead giveaway. Can't do that with correct mylar.
2nd and 3rd pics are from PRP website. Mylar is straight, ss corners are included, 3rd pic shows profile of gasket and mylar.
If budget is a concern, then yes Steele may be cheaper.
This has been beaten more than Rodney King.

1daeea22b4d5e556de5b74d3ee9b.jpg

WLS_D690_B_LGE-1.jpg

WLS_D690_A_LGE-2.jpg

I just checked the Steele website and they no longer show a windshield gasket for the 67 A-Body applications. They show a rear gasket with the generic chrome insert.

Personally, I believe that it depends on how correct do you want the car and what do you have to work with. Secondly, we have been selling the Precision and Steele gaskets for over 28 years and I would not hesitate for one second on recommending the Precision gaskets. Steele makes a good piece and for the most part makes some gaskets that nobody else does. But Precision is an OEM vendor that I have to say has outstanding quality control of their gaskets.

The Precision gaskets for the 67 A-Body applications was a God send for those who were wanting the correct piece. I am actually shocked that with such a small market, that it was done. I have not spoke to James on how they stand on availability of the mylar inserts, but I would say that once the inventory is depleted, then there will not be a second run of this product. Just how many of them can you sell. I know that we have only sold probably less than 20 of them since they were made available.

As @4spdragtop discussed, if it is a budget concern, then I still consider it a moot point. As in the end, you will still be pretty close. The correct 67 pieces will be a bit more and some owners will tell you that they prefer one over the other in regards to appearance.

Rolling the Mylar strip has to be for shipping reasons. There is no reason this should not work if they are heated a little and straightened before application. I can not commit to this suggestion because I have not dealt with the situation.

Precision Mylar cant be rolled. The Steele product can, for shipping to the Shriners.
Rolling the Mylar strip has to be for shipping reasons. There is no reason this should not work if they are heated a little and straightened before application. I can not commit to this suggestion because I have not dealt with the situation.

I watched a documentary on the LA riots a couple weeks back. What a clusterf**k that was!
Sad Rodney died/drowned in his swimming pool on the exact same day that his Dad committed suicide years earlier.

Yeah that whole thing was a bad deal. Runnin from the law at over 100MPH. Did he really expect NOT to get his *** beat? Certainly didn't deserve what he got, but he was playin with fire. You don't run from the law like that and not expect them to be pissed off when they catch you. You're GONNA "get something" lol

I just checked the Steele website and they no longer show a windshield gasket for the 67 A-Body applications. They show a rear gasket with the generic chrome insert.

Personally, I believe that it depends on how correct do you want the car and what do you have to work with. Secondly, we have been selling the Precision and Steele gaskets for over 28 years and I would not hesitate for one second on recommending the Precision gaskets. Steele makes a good piece and for the most part makes some gaskets that nobody else does. But Precision is an OEM vendor that I have to say has outstanding quality control of their gaskets.

The Precision gaskets for the 67 A-Body applications was a God send for those who were wanting the correct piece. I am actually shocked that with such a small market, that it was done. I have not spoke to James on how they stand on availability of the mylar inserts, but I would say that once the inventory is depleted, then there will not be a second run of this product. Just how many of them can you sell. I know that we have only sold probably less than 20 of them since they were made available.

As @4spdragtop discussed, if it is a budget concern, then I still consider it a moot point. As in the end, you will still be pretty close. The correct 67 pieces will be a bit more and some owners will tell you that they prefer one over the other in regards to appearance.

PM sent sir.

Ok fellas curiosity struck! I bought a windsheild gasket from soff seal for my dart sport. It is correct since it has the application on the bag for the body style. Question is how good/ correct fit will it be? Haven't found any reviews or comments that state fitment of this brand. Used to be hailed as good years ago but just unsure.:eek:

-
Back