Windshield glass haze

-

Michael Brisebois

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success removing micro scratches on windshield glass? Get the sun just right, and it's almost like driving in a fog. I tried Rain X , not really getting me there.

You can buy glass polishing compounds to remove scratches from windshields. Never used them, but I have seen them.

I have had success with glass polishing in the past, but you have to be carefull. Just like an optician grinds a prescription lens, if you don’t do it evenly you can create ripples and warping that makes looking through the glass warp everything you see.

The best advice to to proceed slowly and evenly and dont get impatient with the process. It takes time and effort to slowly polish the surface smooth and even.

The front glass and the rear glass appear to be about the same. I viewed the video link above, sent by 75slant6, and started that procedure with some success. I didn't have a "magic eraser" at the time to tackle step two, but rubbing alcohol on a micro-fiber towel got through some build-up on the inside. My feeling now is that the issue has been, crap building up for 50 years. I'll complete the process this weekend...then I'll know

-
Back