Windshield Replacement- Need info

-

73SwingerBuild

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm getting ready to re-install the front and rear windshields in my '73 Swinger but i'm having a hard time finding consistent information online. I work days, or else I'd swing by a local windshield shop and chat them up to figure out what exactly it is that I need.

I was wondering if any of you folks knew what parts were needed for installing existing front and rear windshields? I'm mostly curious if there is a full rubber windshield gasket needed or if it just sits on "ribbon" strip that goes around the perimeter of the opening with caulking (butyl?) around it.
I'm kind of out of my element on this one, as is obvious. Please advise with any information you might have, or let me know if I need to list more application-specific information.

Thanks again FABO!

-Mike

Its a full rubber gasket that goes in the hole first, then the windshield tucks into the glass channel, then the outer part of the rubber tucks into the inner part to create the tension to hold the windshield in. you'll see how it works when you get the rubber, that is, if its similar to a '68 gasket.
do yourself a BIG favor and get a couple of these, they're available on ebay as well. -pauly

http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/s...271&History=39324:112:2875:3022&ModelID=14271

-
Back