Windshield Washer Pumps?

-

coalman

Reaction score
How many sizes are there for a 66 "A" Body??? Thanks

As far as I know just one size which is secured to the driver's side shock town with 3 screws. The 65/66 Ford Mustang pump looks identical (other than the part numbers/logos) to the Mopar one until you fit it to the original holes. The Ford pump is just a bit longer on the inner single hole.

As far as I know just one size which is secured to the driver's side shock town with 3 screws. The 65/66 Ford Mustang pump looks identical (other than the part numbers/logos) to the Mopar one until you fit it to the original holes. The Ford pump is just a bit longer on the inner single hole.
I purchased one from VAN'S, it is larger than the original, and the holes don't line up... Thanks

I bought the Mustang pump as I just couldn't find a nice looking Mopar pump that I had to give my left one for. On the Ford pump the 2 holes closest to the inner fender lined up perfectly but like I said, the single mounting hole on the Ford pump was a little farther in than the original Mopar pump. For having a brand new assembly, I'll drill a new hole!

Thanks, followed your advice, installed it.....

Thanks, followed your advice, installed it.....

Got any pictures for others who might consider the same option? Mine is nowhere ready to install as the engine compartment needs to be finished.

Here is a picture new and old.

IMG_0395.JPG

Very few repop parts are going to be the same as original. Many parts need a little modification here or there to fit. Sad but true.

Yep that looks like the same pump I have. Mine has a Ford number on the bottom but that's OK since it looks SO MUCH better than a well worn, corroded case original!

-
Back