Wiper Arm Bushings 66 Barracuda

-

Tims 66 Cuda

Mopar mid life crisis
Reaction score
Hey all,
Ive researched the threads on the subject, but still cant find the answer. The bushings in my wiper arms look to be a press fit brass or bronze. Is this correct and are replacement pieces available? The thin washers and soft washers should be easy to find. Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Tim

Yes, bronze, and no, I don't think they're available as a replacement part. Good used ones should be available. Unless you lived in the northwest or Hawaii, they usually didn't wear out. I'd put an ad in the wanted section and maybe get a whole wiper transmission. It doesn't hurt to have some spare pivots either.

Cudamark, Thanks for the reply. I have another complete assembly from a parts car. After checking further, each bushing has a bevel in it. I assume this to keep from angle binding during rotation. These mike out with little run out. New fiber washers and put it together see what happens

Thanks, Tim

Years ago when I needed the bushings for inside the wiper pivots I found them online. I dont recall where exactly. The linkage bushings just might be on a shelf somewhere too.
Search oilite or sintered bronze bushings. I.D. X O.D. X L.

Thanks I,ll check it out. Ive got a machinist friend that can make some possibly
Tim
I worked at a few different machine shops. I did take a couple of jobs to Halls during and after working there. I needed to shorten the right wiper pivot 3/4 " for stereo clearance in my custom dash. Halls shortened and bored that cast pivot for me. Milled 2 flats on the shortened pivot shaft too. Handing him the parts including a store bought bushing made life simpler. Good luck

-
Back