wiper arms

-

66dartman

Reaction score
what's the best way to take the wiper arms off my 66? Never had them off and don't want to break 'em. do they just press on? there is no nut on top of the stud that I can see anyway.
Thanks in advance!

yeah, they will just pull off....or in my case fall off. they should have a nylon bushing on them that holds them together. Mine fell off because the nylon bushing got brittle and cracked. I bought 4 new ones and just replaced them all. easiest way to get them in i found was with a rubber mallot.

I took mine off just the other day. I got a small prybar and just caught the edge of it and gently applied pressure. Up and off they came.

oop... i think i misunderstood. I was talking about the arm that hooks up to the wiper motor on the inside of the car and controls the wipers. sorry if i got you confused

DartMan,

Have any luck getting the arms off?
I am in the same position with my 66 Barracuda. I am afraid of tearing something up, either the arm or sheet metal.

Rob.

pull the wiper arm up like your going to wash the window, grap the base where i mounts to the pivot and kinda wiggle. its held on by the pressure of the blade against the window. kind of a jam fit

one way to get them off is with a small pry bar. fold up a rag and put it on the cowl at the base of the wiper arm, lay a small block of wood on the cloth and put the tip of the small pry bar under JUST THE LIP of the wiper arm and on top of the wood block. gently press down on the prybar which will push the wiper arm up off the wiper stud.

-
Back