wiper motor placement with set back firewall?

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
Question to those that have done this, what,where, how did you do it? Pictures would be a big help along with an explanation. Thinking to have the firewall at the outer most curve of the base of the windshield. Wiper linkage would also be out in the breeze. The easiest is just do away with it but I believe that they are a requirement by law...and you never know what type of weather you'll run into around Chicago. Thanks for the help and discussion! Bob

My firewall was set back 3 inches. I used a 2007 Neon wiper motor and mounted it inside the car. I had to adapt the wiper transmission arms to the neon drive arm. Go to the restoration page and look up my post "sneaking towards the finish line" and you can see the pictures. If you need more information let me know.

Here are a couple of pictures of the wiper motor installation

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0194.jpeg

Thank -you for the pictures. Was the Neon motor used because of the small size? Did you fill the cowl vents or replace the area with metal?

You're correct, the neon wiper motor was picked because of size. My cowl vent is filled, the entire cowl was removed and reworked.

fullsizeoutput_54c.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0923.JPG

The car is powered by a Gen 3 hemi, I needed the room for the engine VVT module

View attachment 1715336674
I'm so jealous of your hydroboost. I tried so hard to install one but I should of thought about it before the firewall was smoothed down and painted. I would of moved the entire brake setup over. But I didn't know what the time.

Riddler

I'm so jealous of your hydroboost. I tried so hard to install one but I should of thought about it before the firewall was smoothed down and painted. I would of moved the entire brake setup over. But I didn't know what the time.

Riddler
Hi Riddler, You're right, I had to move the master cylinder & boost about 3 inches to the left. I saw that right away during the first fit up. I see now where they make an electric hydroboost unit that's self contained which would give a much cleaner look without hoses.Too late for me however. How's the car coming along? got it upholstered yet?

Hi Riddler, You're right, I had to move the master cylinder & boost about 3 inches to the left. I saw that right away during the first fit up. I see now where they make an electric hydroboost unit that's self contained which would give a much cleaner look without hoses.Too late for me however. How's the car coming along? got it upholstered yet?

Electric Hydroboost you say? Got a link as that might work? I'm still working on the trunk panels. It's a complete stereo install along with upholstery and other fun stuff.

Riddler

-
Back