Wiper motor rotation direction on a '63

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I turned my wipers on for the first time since the restoration and the left one went backwards and dug into my new paint job... Knew I could only reverse the right one (by putting the crank down vs up) because the left will only go in one direction since it goes through the steering wheel brackets. Now they both seem to be backwards. When the start from the park position they begin the rotation going down vs up. I had the motor apart to repair it and I may have the field wires backwards. Could some one turn on their wipers and tell me the rotation direction? Mine is spinning clockwise. Thanks,

Jim

Two thoughts come to mind.......Did you cycle the motor to the proper clocked position before you installed the wipers after you re-assembled it? Could you have put the motor arm in the wrong position when you installed it back on the motor? Just spit ballin' here. Good luck.

Two thoughts come to mind.......Did you cycle the motor to the proper clocked position before you installed the wipers after you re-assembled it? Could you have put the motor arm in the wrong position when you installed it back on the motor? Just spit ballin' here. Good luck.

1) yes (but does not matter if you leave the arms off when you first start it and let is park)
2) yesterday I thought that would not matter but now I am rethinking..... I am going to see someone with a 65 to day so I will look at his.

I am blaming myself right now as I rebuild the motor including unsoldering all the wires and installing new sleeving for the fiber sleeving that was disintegrated.

Dang Jim. I sure am sorry. I hope it didn't hurt it too bad.

PM me the prestolite part number on it it should be in my prestolite book and I can scan it. There is all different clocking in them by application.

Someone just sent me a video... they run counter clockwise, mine is running clockwise :)

-
Back