WIPER MOTORS

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK.... My car originally came with a variable speed wiper motor. Anyone have a part number ? Can a 3 spd. motor & switch be retrofited using existing wiring ? I haven't been able to get a straight answer from several sources so I'm counting on YOU guys for help ! :scratch:

I believe the 3spd and variable spd wiper motors are the same. When I looked them up before they always had the same part #. So I would guess the wiring would be the same. I think the difference is in the switch itself.

HawaiiDuster said:
I believe the 3spd and variable spd wiper motors are the same. When I looked them up before they always had the same part #. So I would guess the wiring would be the same. I think the difference is in the switch itself.

I just have this fear of plugging everything in and it goes *pffffttt* and I'm looking at a new harness..... after the flames die out. #-o

Thanks for the advice. I'll double fuse it up and try it out.

Looking for wiper motor info... this guy has it all. If the info you are looking for is not on his site...e-mail him. His name is Rick and he knows everything about wiper motors.

The site is loaded full of part numbers and applications...

here is his web site...

http://wiperman.homestead.com

I tried a variable switch in the 72, no go. Luckily I dug up a spare from one of my previous 74 Challengers and it worked fine.

-
Back