Wiper pivot

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Should I be able to move/pivot this by hand..?

20230308_060821.jpg

Should I be able to move/pivot this by hand
Yes, there is a how-to somewhere about adding a zerk fitting to be able to lube and seal the internals.

Last edited:
Drill a small hole on the inside of the pivot. Through this you can free up the shaft with penetrating oil. When freed up and clean, then you can use that hole for a zerk fitting. Now that the fitting is on the inside of the car you can re-grease in future.

what size hole did you drill with the DMT kit ?

Don't remember the size. Look at your zerk and determine the size. This hole will be very shallow so be careful. Maybe only 2-3 threads deep.

I bought the DMT kit and was wondering if you put the grease zerks pointed up or down. I have nothing else under my dash so hard to tell which direction is the most serviceable.
I also bought the firewall insulation kit.

then get the rubber umbrella type seals that fit below the spline on the top of the housing and stop water running down they also go some way to block off the two holes into the plenum
not that that is much use with the air vent in the scuttle in between but every little helps

If there is grease filing the inside- no water can go through, but use the rubber donuts also as it gives a finished appearance on the cowl. If you can, orientate the zerk so that it can be greased from inside.

-
Back