Wiper wiring help, Please

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I took the 69 Dart to a car show tonight and on the way home it was raining lightly. Turned on the wipers and they went the wrong direction. When I got home I took the wipers off and noticed when I turn the switch on then off they stop or cancel in the up position? Do I have the wires in the bulk head block in the wrong order? From the front of the car looking at the bulk head plug they start at the top, Brown,Red,Green,Blue. It has the 3 sd wiper motor. Any Help? Thanks

Thanks for the diagram, mine only was showing the 2 sd wiper. This is strange the wiring is right, and it is right inside the car. I checked the linkage against another Dart and it is the same. I'm thinking the clocking position inside the wiper motor is whack. Anyone shed some light on my dilemma?

Can you flip the arm on the wiper motor upside down? If so I must have bolted it on 180 degrees off?

Pitman arm on the motor 180 degrees off. Could have been worse. A fellow worker at auto service center made the error once. The wipers ripped fresh yellow paint off the hood of a AMC Hornet.
Everyone take notes.. Run the wipers and verify correct operation before installing wiper arms.

Pitman arm on the motor 180 degrees off. Could have been worse. A fellow worker at auto service center made the error once. The wipers ripped fresh yellow paint off the hood of a AMC Hornet.
Everyone take notes.. Run the wipers and verify correct operation before installing wiper arms.

Damn that hurts. Mine just made the motion downwords and I turned them right off. I'll have to see if i can get my fatass under the dash to switch it or I may have to remove the motor. Thanks to all

Disconnect the negitive battery cable
Remove 4 screw from ashtray hamger and lower it.
Remove radio knobs, shaft nuts and rear support mounting screw
lower the radio
Whoot there it is long extension and socket right through the radio opening :)

Disconnect the negitive battery cable
Remove 4 screw from ashtray hamger and lower it.
Remove radio knobs, shaft nuts and rear support mounting screw
lower the radio
Whoot there it is long extension and socket right through the radio opening :)

Mine is a thumb wheel radio and has factory A/C, will this still work?

Mine is a thumb wheel radio and has factory A/C, will this still work?
The a/c vent assembly would have to go first. That radio is mounted differently too.
In your car it might be easier to lower the steering column and pull the rallye bezel out and down. The wiper motor is directly behind the heater controller.
Several different ways to get there. Through the cowl ( pulling the wiper motor ) sux ! Good luck what ever route you take :)

Sorry to camp on to this thread and MAJOR thanks for the schematic posting.

Does anyone have picture or schematic of the wiring positions on this standard two speed rotary swicth under the dash? Mine is a 68 cuda.

Somehow I lost the orignal socket for the switch and I have rewired the car with a painless kit so need to get the wipers plugged up correctly.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT - Wow!! 70440duster ROCKS! I just found the remaining diagrams for the dash harness on his awesome site. Makes me want to do a tribute website for my resto.

I think I can figure this out now.

-
Back