Wires to alternator

-

70dart318

Reaction score
F5FB77C8-E310-417B-959A-C4E4C856202A.jpeg
287BBC0F-9883-4199-959A-D51207651AD5.jpeg
So I didn’t wanna do this wrong so I figured I’d ask on here. I know the temp wire goes on the intake and where the field wires go on alternator. But wanted to be sure were to connect the wire with the eyelet, to the stud circled 1 or 2? Here’s a pic of my wires and back of alternator. Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! Not to ask a dumb question but do I need to run a ground wire to 1 or not?

What year is the car?
or more to the point
Does your regulator control the field ground or the field positive?

If it controls ground, it will have two wires to the alternator and the answer is no. You could just use it as extra ground.
If the regulator controls the positive, then the field's output terminal needs to connect to ground.

I have 2 field wires going to the alternator so I take it what I have is the regulator controls the field ground. So I’m good with just that then?

Yes. Looking back - I see what appears to be the green field wire in your hand- that's the one that is grounded by the regulator as needed to let the current run through the field windings. Field windings = electromagnet

Oki have somewhat the same problem here..my alternator had only one wire going to it but I also have Green wire that I saw that runs right with it but had been turned beck and just left to sit open by the intake. It's not an open end wirebut with a small attachment that is the type that snap into a connection.
Is this the ground that I need to place somewhere.cause I sometimes have to jump start my car and thought we have alternator problems but the alternator was looked at and it's working well.
Thanks for ANY HELP, IDEAS....

MAPS

picture I think,,,,nope click on pdf

Attachments

• 71DartCharging.pdf
    63.2 KB · Views: 216
picture I think,,,,nope click on pdf

Thanks for that, butt believe it or not, Im real stupid lol What I want to do is send in a pic if I can to show you what I mean about this Green Wire. .This green wires seems to run along this black wire that goes to the alternator but all of a sudden if it is turned back and goes and sits on the intake. I will (@ work presently) I will try to instill a pic or 2 tomorrow and show you what I am talking about. Also, I will take a much better look to see where the Green wire starts to come from...

As Always Truly grateful and indebted to the members here that are ever so helpful with novices as myself.
Its too bad that some owners (like myself) are in worse shape than their 50 yr old cars...lol

Sincerely and Still..
MAPS

Thanks for that, butt believe it or not, Im real stupid lol What I want to do is send in a pic if I can to show you what I mean about this Green Wire. .This green wires seems to run along this black wire that goes to the alternator but all of a sudden if it is turned back and goes and sits on the intake. I will (@ work presently) I will try to instill a pic or 2 tomorrow and show you what I am talking about. Also, I will take a much better look to see where the Green wire starts to come from...

As Always Truly grateful and indebted to the members here that are ever so helpful with novices as myself.
Its too bad that some owners (like myself) are in worse shape than their 50 yr old cars...lol

Sincerely and Still..
MAPS

Tried to answer your other thread. Your car DOES NOT have the typical Mopar alternator. May be an "import" or it may just be a Delco swap

SO WHAT DO I DO WITH THAT GREEN WIRE JUST LEAVE IT LIKE THAT ?

THANKS.
MAPS

I'm guessing that you have a Delco "one wire" which does not need a field wire. IF that is the case then leave the green as is. Does it work? "as is?"

-
Back