Wiring and Finding Parts

-

Alex69Dart

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!
I am new here and have posted in the "new members welcome" thread. This is my first post anywhere else. I recently stumbled upon a 1969 Dart Swinger that I am in the process of rebuilding. Just finished up the rewire of the factory harness and am now searching for a few parts. After finishing the wiring, I noticed that my ignition light was cut and am searching for one now. I am also searching for a "Lights on Warning Buzzer". I have the time delay relay and have replaced the door jamb switches with new two terminal switches on both doors. Does anyone have a lead on these parts? also i will try and post photos of the before and after rewiring.
Much Thanks in advance!!!

Here are some photos. Hopefully they show up okay

CC6B2BA5-D680-46B0-BE4C-49DF2D45FF87.jpeg

05F4A79D-DD05-4DEF-B6A8-1731DB5D0F11.jpeg

AA904113-0546-41C1-A7B4-4910F3E97A1A.jpeg

8C78C521-66E5-4821-8454-64610145237E.jpeg

C6692DCB-B114-41DA-BF8C-46FF007DACDE.jpeg

I heard you guys down there in California were weird. But you sleep with a harness and a box of tissue??? Another new protected class. Huh?

I heard you guys down there in California were weird. But you sleep with a harness and a box of tissue??? Another new protected class. Huh?
Be nice now!!!! sometimes you gota do, what you gota do, like assemble a VW engine in the family room on the 2nd floor!

As to OPs (Original Posters) question ( welcome!) can you post some photos of the parts you are looking for (google photos etc works well) I have a harness I got for parts and might have some of what you need but i'm a 67 guy and door buzzers and time relays are a mystery to me!

Be nice now!!!! sometimes you gota do, what you gota do, like assemble a VW engine in the family room on the 2nd floor!

As to OPs (Original Posters) question ( welcome!) can you post some photos of the parts you are looking for (google photos etc works well) I have a harness I got for parts and might have some of what you need but i'm a 67 guy and door buzzers and time relays are a mystery to me!
These are the pieces I’m searching for right now

1D998DFC-EE08-4F92-A5CB-1035DEB70400.png

B08AD158-BDB2-42E8-A3BF-381E53950EBF.png

Hello Everyone!
I am new here and have posted in the "new members welcome" thread. This is my first post anywhere else. I recently stumbled upon a 1969 Dart Swinger that I am in the process of rebuilding. Just finished up the rewire of the factory harness and am now searching for a few parts. After finishing the wiring, I noticed that my ignition light was cut and am searching for one now. I am also searching for a "Lights on Warning Buzzer". I have the time delay relay and have replaced the door jamb switches with new two terminal switches on both doors. Does anyone have a lead on these parts? also i will try and post photos of the before and after rewiring.

@whitepunkonnitro

Sorry just found buzzer is a seperate deal for the lights.

Sorry just found buzzer is a seperate deal for the lights.
Thank you for looking! I’ll keep trying to find them. I found some new old stock on eBay for almost 100 for each piece. May just have to splurge or make something work

Some times the price for a NOS part is high but once replaced you will never need to replace it again in your life time.

Hello Everyone!

I had a key switch lamp on a '68 Barracuda. I would think the most difficult to find part is the key surround - which I assume you have.
It was an option only with the light package.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Dart0021.jpg

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Dart0022.jpg
I think if you are patient you can find both used since probably the same parts were used for several years and models.
If you haven't yet, get a '69 parts book. With the factory part number, often you can figure out what else it was used for. Some still show in the Chrysler system. You never know until you try 'em.

I had a key switch lamp on a '68 Barracuda. I would think the most difficult to find part is the key surround - which I assume you have.
It was an option only with the light package.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Dart0021.jpg

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Dart0022.jpg
I think if you are patient you can find both used since probably the same parts were used for several years and models.
If you haven't yet, get a '69 parts book. With the factory part number, often you can figure out what else it was used for. Some still show in the Chrysler system. You never know until you try 'em.
I am not sure I follow what a key surround is. My car has a factory dash ignition switch. I have a dash in the car but most of the relays were picked out. Ignition switch was picked as well. I do have the wiring for the ignition light in the harness and the bulb was clearly cut off from the wire.

I am not sure I follow what a key surround is. My car has a factory dash ignition switch. I have a dash in the car but most of the relays were picked out. Ignition switch was picked as well. I do have the wiring for the ignition light in the harness and the bulb was clearly cut off from the wire.
As I recall, there was a slot in the chromed pot metal(?) housing where the light shined down onto the ignition switch. I never pulled it out so don't know the details. Nice feature.

As I recall, there was a slot in the chromed pot metal(?) housing where the light shined down onto the ignition switch. I never pulled it out so don't know the details. Nice feature.
I will have to take a closer look at mine now and get back to you! That’s great information though! Wouldn’t have known!

Hello Everyone!
Try posting this parts request in the Parts Wanted section. There are several people who will probably have exactly what you want, but they will likely be looking the Parts Wanted Section for parts sales opportunities.

I had a complete ignition switch like Mattax is saying with the light that mounted in dash directly above key.
From a 68 barracuda. Sorry I no longer have it. $100 is awfully steep for that piece. Shop around, post a want ad.
Welcome aboard!

-
Back